• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Apparently they changed the spelling of their name? It was 本多早雲 as recently as a month ago but is now 本多諒太
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:41 am Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Since this person has very few credits, would you mind adding the incorrect Ryota credits to Souun and then we can just purge the Ryota page?

It should be an alias, because they are names with different kanji and reading.
soaker87

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Takushige Norita: person#78751
Takumo Norita: person#57099
Despite Takushige having more credits, Takumo is the correct one as far as I can tell. Might be because the kanji on the Takumo page is different?
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I. Kevin Seymour (real name) (person#6224) and Jenny Haniver (alias) (person#4996)
When Seymour passed in early 2014, Julie Ann Taylor expressed her condolences on Facebook, as Seymour was the one who casted her in her first lead role of Mica Minazuki on Hyper Doll and “taught [her] how to dub.” Therefore, Haniver is Seymour.

II. Tasia Valenza (person#62064) (correct spelling) and Tasio Valenza (person#12916) (incorrect spelling)
Tasia originally entered erroneously as Tasio. Note that #12917 through #12920 following after have all done Tekkaman Blade II (OAV), Valenza’s sole anime credit (#12919 [Sandee Kira Yamamoto] in particular has it as her only work).

III. Kim Mai Guest (person#11767) (real name), Kim Nguyen (person#18381) (alias), Kim Mai Nguyen (person#22386) (alias), and Kin Mai Guest (person#59589) (misspelling)
In the same line as Tasia Valenza (Animation voice demo on official website includes clips from original Metal Gear Solid) and Peter Lurie (part of this 2016 interview regarding the original 1998 title), Kim Mai Guest (Mei Ling) was involved in the original MGS as Kim Nguyen and reprised in The Twin Snakes thanks to Hayter. Aside from “Mai” being incorporated in the latter alias, all of the titles involving one Nguyen or another were done by Animaze.

IV. Henry Douglas Grey (person#4545) (main name) and Skip Strellrecht (person#59588)
Variation of Skip Stellrecht alias

V. Robert Colin (person#10795) (real name) and Roberto Colin (person#53369) (variation/alias)
Robert (the former) sources his old website’s Skills page (his old resume?) for having played Boss in Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn. Unfortunately, this page was never archived. This role and 3 others, however, were all credited to Roberto (the latter) in Fusion Reborn’s ending credits. This same treatment may be true for Baki the Grappler based on the respective sources.

VI. Ogie Banks (person#70592) (real name), Hank Banks (person#65597) (alias) and Marcus Griffin (person#135642) (alias)
Monster High’s Clawd Wolf is played by Ogie Banks and is credited accordingly in many early specials. For direct-to-video movies starting in 2013, Marcus Griffin is credited. One such movie to credit Griffin was 2015’s Monster High: Haunted. A post from co-star Paula Rhodes’ Twitter from that film’s premiere includes herself, Erin Fitzgerald, Debi Derryberry (credited as Sue Swan for that film) and Ogie Banks.
Given Banks’ longevity in the role both prior to the latter half of 2012 and beyond 2013, the ongoing consistency of this character should be noted, as Hank Banks is merely the name used between Ogie Banks and Marcus Griffin. The case of Debi Derryberry as Draculaura in this same series is no different, as she carries on throughout it irregardless of the name used (Dee Dee Green [2012], Sue Swan [2013-2015], Dee Dee Greene [2013], etc.).

VII. Debi Derryberry (person#1421) (correct spelling) and Debi Derriberry (person#65460) (incorrect spelling)
Derryberry is correct, as per her website. Derriberry has also been used in some non-anime works, such as her ongoing role as Coco Bandicoot in the Crash Bandicoot game series in 2008’s Mind Over Mutant.

VIII. Ashly Burch (person#107350) (real name) and Jackie Ross (person#111977) (alias)
Burch liked a tweet or two stating that she was in Steins;Gate and associated with Mayuri Shiina.

IX. Isaac C. Singleton Jr. (person#61083) (main name/usual handle, correct spelling) and Issac Charles Singleton Jr. (person#20244) (full name, incorrect spelling)
Correct spelling of first name is Isaac with 2 ‘a’s, as seen on his official website.

X. Chris Guerrero (person#115171) (main name/handle) and Christopher Guerrero (person#126929) (full name/variant)
As readily viewable on his Twitter

XI. Melodee M. Spevack (person#7981) (main name), Melody Spevack (person#38187) (variation) and Sonja S. Fox (person#7830) (alias)
Spevack includes Empress Alexandra from Shadow Hearts: Covenant on her IMDb resume, credited to Fox in-game. Melody also includes Spellbinder, a 1988 film, on profiles such as this and Now Casting for which her on-screen role was uncredited, but she was credited under “Stunt Players” as “Melody M. Spivack”, another variation. The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement and Forced Alliance (2007 short based on Star Wars franchise) are also included between these two sources.

XII. Michael McConnohie (person#3644) (real name), Jeffrey Platt (person#116607) (alias) and Jeremy Platt (person#57722) (alias)
McConnohie includes Lensman (credit by real name in 'Secret' and Jeffrey Platt in 'Power') and Swiss Family Robinson on his official website (under the “Animation” tab of the “Voicework” section). The two Platts themselves are tied together by his Robotech role of Rolf Emerson, for which he was interviewed in the extras for A&E’s Robotech DVD collection.

EDIT (5/2)

Additionally, here is McConnohie as Harlock in DNA Sights 999.9 (for comparison with Space Pirate Captain Harlock): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuNtltHlQNw
And here is General Tao Pei in the Harmony Gold Dragon Ball dub for which Jeffrey is listed in the credits for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCFU_pZlRj8

XIII. Christopher Carrol (person#7978) (main name) and Chris Carroll (person#20165) (variation)
“Chris Carrol” is listed in the credits for Lensman: Power of the Lens (as opposed to Christopher).

XIV. Tom Wyner (person#5588) (main handle) and Tom Weiner (person#62703) (real/birth name)
Weiner and Wyner are the same person, as he himself explains on his LinkedIn.

XV. Sabrina Pitre (person#57170) (real name) and Patricia Bacchus (person#110533) (alias)
When asked about all the roles credited to Bacchus, Pitre said they were hers, the inspiration being that Valt Aoi was very similar to Gao Mikado.

XVI. Shanea’a Moore (person#152266) (correct spelling), Shenae’a Moore (person#147712) (incorrect spelling) and Shanae Moore (person#147457) (incorrect spelling)
Shanea’a is correct, as per her website.

XVII. Kevin Michael Richardson (person#14325) (main name) and Kevin Richardson (person#23273) (variation)
KMR went by KR in his earlier years. One time he used both names for the same role was Barney Rubble, using KR for his first time in Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law and KMR ever since.

XVIII. Maya Nakamura (person#27718) (correct spelling) and Maya Makamura (person#57209) (erroneous spelling)
Makamura was a mistype. It’s Nakamura (6:14) just as it was in Battle Frontier.

XIX. Brittney Wilson (person#8284) (correct spelling) and Brittany Wilson (person#57223) (variation)
Verifiable via social media

XX. Cathy Weseluck (person#3945) (correct spelling) and Kathy Weseluck (person#64750) (variation)
Verifiable via social media

XXI. Gary Chalk (person#5402) (main name) and Garry Chalk (person#56626) (main spelling)
Chalk as primarily known by the 2 ‘r’ spelling (as demonstrated by the change to that spelling in Season 3 of Beast Wars), but the birth name feature can always circumvent that.

XXII. Dawn M. Bennett (person#130217) (main name) and Dawn Bennett (person#130208) (variant)
Based on surrounding entries, the anime that put Bennett on the board had to be the first Fairy Tail anime as Frosch. Given that Michael Jones (Sting) is #130207 and Garret Storms (Rogue) is #130209, the M. was integrated later on.

XXIII. Jessica Straus (person#26803) (real name) and Jennifer Proud (person#37621) (alias)
Straus has tweeted that she was Deunan Knute in Appleseed and that she “ literally started [her] career at Magnitude 8 (well, almost) with "Wolf's Rain" and "Appleseed", making it clear which movie (and which dub) she was involved with.

Last edited by 4kidsidentifier on Tue May 02, 2017 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:12 pm Reply with quote
No way am I unpacking all that on my iPad, I just want to say how badly I want to add a photo of "Jenny Haniver" right now.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Hiroaki Shimoura
Noriaki Shimoura

Only one role for each, and it is the same role. Neither has Kanji entered, but both can be written with the same kanji.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, the source for both is "DVD Credits" and the episode on Hulu says Noriaki, fwiw.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Oops, found one of my own.

Saori Suruki
Saori Surugi

The credits for Kick-Heart list credits in romaji and kanji. They have Saori Suriki (摺木沙織). Notice the SuRIki. ENAMDICT doesn't list this as a possible reading, so maybe it's a typo, but Suruki and Surugi are one and the same.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:48 am Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
Well, the source for both is "DVD Credits" and the episode on Hulu says Noriaki, fwiw.

The DVD credits do say Noriaki (I don't think ADV has ever changed the credits since the first DVD release). And it looks like the Hiroaki entry is my doing. Being a really old entry, I think I may have had a bad habit then (I definitely don't do this anymore) of stating one source when I drew on multiple sources.

I think this is what I was going on:
http://web.archive.org/web/20050306084641/http://www.geocities.jp:80/elfia/vshi/shimo/shimourahiroaki.html

It's got some pretty specific information on him, and says he was with I'm Enterprise. So it's possible I'm Enterprise's site confirmed his name at one point. Unfortunately there's a bit of a hole in the archives that makes it hard to verify.
https://web.archive.org/web/20021003084014/http://www.artsvision.co.jp:80/imenter/actor/actor2.html (Oct 3, 2002: Not there)
https://web.archive.org/web/20060220221658/http://www.imenterprise.jp:80/profile_list.php (Feb 20, 2006: Earliest instance of the talent list on their current site, but not here either)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:10 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
It's got some pretty specific information on him, and says he was with I'm Enterprise. So it's possible I'm Enterprise's site confirmed his name at one point. Unfortunately there's a bit of a hole in the archives that makes it hard to verify.
https://web.archive.org/web/20021003084014/http://www.artsvision.co.jp:80/imenter/actor/actor2.html (Oct 3, 2002: Not there)
https://web.archive.org/web/20060220221658/http://www.imenterprise.jp:80/profile_list.php (Feb 20, 2006: Earliest instance of the talent list on their current site, but not here either)

Going by an older version of the I'm Enterprise wikipedia article, their site used to be http://www.nf-imenterprise.com

At http://web.archive.org/web/20020608125023/http://www.nf-imenterprise.com:80/list.html they helpfully list Hiroaki Shimoura in both kanji and romaji
He disappears from the list as of the capture at http://web.archive.org/web/20030413234932/http://www.nf-imenterprise.com:80/list.html

It doesn't actually list Princess Tutu but him being active at the right time but only briefly, does dovetail nicely with him only having one anime role so I've done the merge.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:25 am Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
Oops, found one of my own.

Saori Suruki
Saori Surugi

The credits for Kick-Heart list credits in romaji and kanji. They have Saori Suriki (摺木沙織). Notice the SuRIki. ENAMDICT doesn't list this as a possible reading, so maybe it's a typo, but Suruki and Surugi are one and the same.

While Kanjidic doesn't give "suri" as a kun reading for 摺, Wiktionary does and JMnedict does list [url=http://tangorin.com/names/摺*]other names[/url] starting Suri so it is plausible. That it is evidently a not a common reading of 摺木 would suggest it is intentional on the part of the Kick Heart staff, but that would be ignoring other factors, like i and u being adjacent on a keyboard (or maybe the guy who transcribed the credits was influenced by knowing someone else with 摺 read as suri in their name etc..)

For now I will merge under Suruki.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Going by an older version of the I'm Enterprise wikipedia article, their site used to be http://www.nf-imenterprise.com

I should have tried to see if maybe they had a site between the really old one under Artsvision's and the current one. Well that solves that. Thanks for the find.
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:32 am Reply with quote
I. John F.K. Parenteau (person#156043) (correct spelling) and John Parentaru (person#755) (erroneous spelling)
Last name spelled Parenteau as seen in the film’s opening credits, as pictured:

II. Terry Bardon (person#156048) (correct spelling) and Terry Barder (person#758) (erroneous spelling)
Opening credits, as with Parenteau.

III. Catarina Conti (person#763) (correct spelling) and Catharina Conti (person#9757) (erroneous spelling)
Catarina is spelling accordingly in both the opening and ending credits for her role in the cast. Ending credits sample provided below:

IV. Masuo Ueda (person#181) (correct spelling) and Masuo Veda (person#771) (incorrect spelling)
The ‘V’ appears to be based on nothing more than a misread of ‘U’, as Gundam Wing’s English version ending credits and G-Saviour’s opening credits (under “Sunrise Executive Producers”) both list him as Masuo Ueda.

V. Emilie Johnsson (person#143837) (correct spelling) and Emilie Johnson (person#151185) (erroneous spelling)
Emilie’s last name has been spelt with 2 ‘s’s in Beyblade Burst since Episode 1 (21:17).

VI. Reuben Langdon (person#69302) (correct spelling) and Rueben Langdon (person#74501) (incorrect spelling)
Reuben’s involvement with Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight (as opposed to Kamen Rider Ryuki) is confirmed from his Stunt Coordinator credit from the first 4 episodes.

VII. Michael Charters (person#12038) (correct spelling) and Michael Charter (person#12510) (incorrect spelling)
Based on surrounding entries, this name was added with Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters’ staff information. Charters first appeared in later Season 1 episodes (Duel Kingdom finals - pre-Battle City), however his last name was clearly written as “Charters”, as seen in these ending credits (0:12).

VIII. Joel Douek (person#12284) (correct spelling) and Joel Douck (person#12511) (incorrect spelling)
Same as section VII. His last name is clearly written as “Douek” in the ending credits (0:13) since the start of the series.

IX. Jonathan Lattif (person#12037) (correct spelling) and Jonathan Latif (person#12513) (incorrect spelling)
As with section VIII, name written as “Lattif” in the ending credits (0:14).

X. Michael Pecoriello (person#35748) (correct spelling) and Michael Peconiello (person#12500) (incorrect spelling)
Last named spelled “Pecoriello”, as per Season 2’s ending credits. The 'r' was misread as an 'n'.

XI. Robert Bruce (person#12507) (full name) and Rob Bruce (person#12019) (shortened variant)
Robert was credited by his full first name in Yu-Gi-Oh! DM but that was changed to “Rob” for later projects in that franchise. Conversely, "Rob" was credited throughout the 2000s 4Kids Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV series (0:11) (for "Graphics"), but was credited as Robert for its finale movie Turtles Forever (0:55) (for "Post Animation and Effects").

XII. Crystal Marcus-Kanesaka (person#153524) (married name, correct spelling), Crystal Marcus (person#12503) (pre-marital name), Crystal Marcus-Kanesake (person#47454) (married name, incorrect spelling), and Crystal Marcus-Kanosaka (person#38950) (married name, incorrect spelling)
As seen in Magical DoReMi’s ending credits (0:07) and Mew Mew Power’s ending credits (0:10). Her marriage appears to have coincided with her promotion from Production Assistant (Season 1) to Production Coordinator (Season 2) for Yu-Gi-Oh! DM.

XIII. Chris Guido (person#12008) (correct spelling, main handle), Chris Guide (person#38951) (incorrect spelling) and Christopher J. Guido (person#48989) (more complete name)
As seen in Magical DoReMi’s ending credits (0:07) and his LinkedIn

XIV. Dave Brenneman (person#47455) (correct spelling) and Dave Breeneman (person#50448) (incorrect spelling)
As seen in Magical DoReMi’s ending credits (0:09), spelled the same way as his Sound Designer credit [on the same screen in the vid].

XV. Joseph Shalack (person#30473) (correct spelling), Joseph Sheluck (person#50459) (incorrect spelling) and Jason Sheluck (person#50449) (erroneous spelling)
As seen in Magical DoReMi’s ending credits (0:11). Note that #50448 is a misspelled entry for Dave Breneman [see Section XIV], whose only anime involvement was with Magical DoReMi, and #50450 is “Paul J. Balcash” (a misspelled variant of Paul J. Baccash since merged into the latter) whose sole entry was for DoReMi, as I had previously dealt with.

XVI. Lee Rogers (person#50455) (correct spelling) and Len Rogers (person#47377) (incorrect spelling)
As seen in Magical DoReMi’s ending credits (0:14).

XVII. Roz Nowicki (person#12509) (correct spelling) and Box Nowicki (person#50457) (incorrect spelling)
As seen in Magical DoReMi’s ending credits (0:25).

XVIII. Michael McShane (person#13091) (correct spelling), Micheal McShane (person#25283) (incorrect spelling), and Mike McShane (person#1412) (shortened variant)
McShane includes all 3 anime he’s credited to on his IMDb resume ("Mike" was used for Vampire Hunter D).

Last edited by 4kidsidentifier on Sat May 20, 2017 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lugamo

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Maythe Guedes (person#95043), Maite Guedes (person#38744) y Maithe Guedes (person#74003) are all the same person. None of these dubs are credited (according to Doblaje Wiki Blue Dragon is credited, but they're nowhere to be found in the article and ×××HOLiC only has an announcer crediting the ADR Studio). She has an Twitter under the name of Maythe Guedes, so I assume that's the correct spelling or at least the name with she desires to be known.
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:15 am Reply with quote
Amber Tamosaitis <-- Correct spelling
Amber Tamosaiis

Amber's name was incorrectly entered for the Dreamin' Sun manga. The correct spelling includes the 't' - Source
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 100 of 144