• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales, Taiko no Tatsujin Games Slated for Nintendo Switch by March 2018

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:49 pm Reply with quote
The Tales games have been pretty exclusive to PlayStation since the PS3 port of Graces (if you ignore the fact that Zesteria and Berseria both have Steam ports) so it's nice to see Bandai Namco putting the Tales games on other consoles again
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:28 pm Reply with quote
With Taiko: Drum Master heading to the Nintendo Switch, people outside of Japan now have a chance to play it (as long as they have enough cash to import it). Smile
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:52 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
The Tales games have been pretty exclusive to PlayStation since the PS3 port of Graces (if you ignore the fact that Zesteria and Berseria both have Steam ports) so it's nice to see Bandai Namco putting the Tales games on other consoles again

They ported Tales of the Abyss to the 3DS, but nothing really came after that. The Switch is a bigger and more powerful system, but their first Tales game on Switch could likely be a port. What kind of sales would they need from a game that's been out for months to bring future Tales games to the Switch alongside other platforms?
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:04 am Reply with quote
Phantasia was originally on the SNES and Symphonia and its direct sequel released on the Gamecube and Wii respectively, so Nintendo and BN do have some history together. I wonder if this is going to be a Berseria port or a new title. Either way, nice to see the franchise accessible to people with a Nintendo Switch.

Here's hoping Taiko no Tatsujin comes stateside.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1