• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: My Hero Academia GN 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:20 am Reply with quote
That All Might vs Deku/Kacchan test is one of my favourite moment. I just love how Kacchan and Deku just have to work together.

Also +10 for the Mineta moment.

And that creepy X 1 000 000 Tomura face. It's screams insanity. Horikoshi the best artist.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:48 am Reply with quote
Call me heretic, but really, Bones should extend, or present, those fights that last for a couple of panels. Even if they have nothing to do thematically on their one, they're still part of an arc where the students test their mights against people who have been on the superhero job for longer, as well as learning how to use their powers and intelligence to fight possible bad guys. Horikoshi may not want these fights to be long because that detracts from the story, but at the same time it becomes more of a problem.

And don't speak me that thing about the anime pacing and things like that. How can one be so hypocrit of complaining how fast the manga's pacing is, but when in the anime they can fix that, the readers don't want that?
TheRahi00

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
How can one be so hypocrit of complaining how fast the manga's pacing is, but when in the anime they can fix that, the readers don't want that?

Slow down buddy, just because the reviewer is saying that the pacing is too fast, doesn't mean that everyone is feeling the same way. Personally I think the fights are just fine as they are. The mangaka is giving the fights enough focus without dragging them out. They always turn out being well paced and entertaining. In my opinion of course.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:07 pm Reply with quote
TheRahi00 wrote:
Quote:
How can one be so hypocrit of complaining how fast the manga's pacing is, but when in the anime they can fix that, the readers don't want that?

Slow down buddy, just because the reviewer is saying that the pacing is too fast, doesn't mean that everyone is feeling the same way. Personally I think the fights are just fine as they are. The mangaka is giving the fights enough focus without dragging them out. They always turn out being well paced and entertaining. In my opinion of course.

See I feel like non-Deku fights are always so rushed 3 pages does not make for a satisfying fight. I just hate that it feels like everyone else gets brushed over so we can get more of Deku being Deku.

Yeah he's the main character but in other shows I never felt like someone else's fight was skimmed so the MC could get his amazing feat crammed down our throats. Zoro never felt short changed by Luffy, Gray was never bumped for more Natsu but all the time it feels like the other students miss a chance to shine so Deku's fight can get drawn out.

I'm gonna honestly be kinda pissed if the anime skips over the fights so we can see Deku lay in a bed, I want to see the rest of the class do stuff. It's the same problem Naruto ended up with, give us a big 15+ person main cast of fighters but only like 5 ever actually get to really have showcase fights.
hsapin

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:21 am Reply with quote
In my opinion this volume was one of the best so far because of its pacing. I'm extremely happy Hori didn't go with a one by one fight sequence where everyone gets equal paneling because it allows him to specifically focus on those that need their most development and are actually entertaining to watch. Hori is very good at eventually giving every character their own time to shine, so moving the story along means we'll be getting to those moments sooner without slowing the pacing down too significantly.
luis.couto.56

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:09 am Reply with quote
Meh I am already tired to see certain favouritism of ANN
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1