• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why don't US Voiceactors do anykind of singing in most anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naftali Poritz

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Even if the song was in English to begin with, the Us voice actor still doesn't sing it.

I don't think the US voice actors do any kind of singing, even if it is a short snip-it or something.

I wonder why no US Distributer has licensed and dubbed Symphogear?

I also wonder why is anything from japan still being dubbed period? Who needs dubs? Why does Bang Zoom even exist anyway. They barely do any dubs these days, so why are they still in business?

I guess only the original artists or singers of songs in anime can sing them, and no one else in the world.

Song dubs are completely dead, even Funimation recently stopped the practice of dubbing any type of singing a year ago (Show By Rock Season 1 is most likely the final anime to have dubbed songs by Funimation ever).
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Naftali Poritz wrote:

Simple: The red tape from buying the rights to make the English covers within that show and the labor costs that come from producing them would have been too great. I know that's an answer that's hard to accept, but you to have make peace with it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:55 pm Reply with quote
ok, seriously, now you are getting completely irrational, stop it.

Also, Bang Zoom expanded their services significantly, shortly before the anime bubble burst in the early 2000's. Anime and game dubbing is only a small fraction of the services they offer. that's why they are still in business
Naftali Poritz

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:24 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Naftali Poritz wrote:

Simple: The red tape from buying the rights to make the English covers within that show and the labor costs that come from producing them would have been too great. I know that's an answer that's hard to accept, but you to have make peace with it.

So the reason why no company licensed Symphogear is because there are so many songs weaved into the dialogue, that it could be part of the dialogue, and therefore, the production committee is not allowing the anime to be licensed and dubbed period?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Alright Naftali Poritz you need to please stop with the soapboxing and bumping of your own thread. You're not getting more responses because your questions have been answered repeatedly by users here. You apparently are not willing to accept any of those responses that doesn't agree with your preconceived ideas. Either you need to bring something new to the discussion or you need to simply agree to disagree and move on. The discussion is going in circles at this point. Thank you.
Naftali Poritz

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:58 pm Reply with quote
what exactly is thread bumping and soapboxing?

And I was just want to know one more thing, Is the reason why Symphogear will never be licensed with a dub because there are so many songs weaved into the dialogue, that it could be part of the dialogue, and therefore, the production committee is not allowing the anime to be licensed and dubbed period? This is my last question.

It be nice if people can have Symphogear on DVD in the US.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Thread bumping is when you post consecutive posts to keep a topic going when no one else is responding. After your own post 2 weeks went by and no one has posted anything else. People had already spoken their minds and stated their opinions and answered you. There was nothing anyone else had to say. Instead of waiting for anyone else to post something new or respond you posted again right after yourself asking why the thread was not getting more comments. That's considered thread bumping.

As for the soapboxing....I perhaps am using the wrong term here. You're not soap boxing as opposed to simply ignoring what others have said. You keep asking the same questions and people keep giving you the same answers. Over and over. Apparently on other forums as well. There is no point in repeating the same thing over and over countless times. People have answered you already multiple times here and elsewhere. Either you can listen to what people have said or you can continue to ignore their responses. However, as it pertains to this thread it is going in circles. Either something new can be brought up or the thread has run it's course.
Naftali Poritz

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:57 am Reply with quote
I am sorry for thread bumping. I'll drop it, but first, I'm still wondering if the anime Symphogear not being licensed for home video release with a dub has something to do with there being so many insert songs and singing that it is mixed in with the dialogue to a point where the anime can't be dubbed period, or the production committee doesn't want the anime released outside of Japan.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:23 am Reply with quote
All we can do is speculate.

Locking thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3