• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Grimoire of Zero (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote
THAT SHOP KEEPER'S A PERVERT!! >:I

Zero's new outfit looks nice on her though. And I guess she's older than she looks. I was thinking she was a teen but she can really drink....and she seems pretty smart so she may be an adult afterall. Anime hyper

I got a LOL out of Mercenary offering to buy a pink skirt for Al. Laughing I wish we knew his real name...damn, you know what, I'm just going to call him "Mr. Floof" alright. Bet he'd love that. Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Zero's new outfit looks nice on her though. And I guess she's older than she looks. I was thinking she was a teen but she can really drink....and she seems pretty smart so she may be an adult afterall. Anime hyper

Well she has claimed that she wrote a book that a cult has kind of formed around, the implication has been that she is much older than she look, just the appearance of a child. Although, how she was taking the drinking looks like might have a bit of a low tolerance to alcohol, the him sneaking out to drink and her annoyed because she wanted to also was my favourite part of the episode.

Albus got shy about catching Zero on him, but really they are both mature enough to see it as him seeing it as an annoyance. Quick thinking on the part to call them slaves to stop prying, but sex slaves did not help his reputation.

Shopkeeper was a pervert the women who work for him did not seem to impressed by him either. Well at least to an extent he was not hurting anyone.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:28 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Quick thinking on the part to call them slaves to stop prying, but sex slaves did not help his reputation.

That was freaking funny. Anime hyper

It sounded like Zero said "Niku-dorei". I've known that "dorei" means slave but as for the niku part....I wonder if it's 肉 for "flesh". Because "niku" doesn't actually mean "sex" by itself but if you put "flesh" and "slave" together like that, that doesn't leave much to be explained...Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
It sounded like Zero said "Niku-dorei". I've known that "dorei" means slave but as for the niku part....I wonder if it's 肉 for "flesh". Because "niku" doesn't actually mean "sex" by itself but if you put "flesh" and "slave" together like that, that doesn't leave much to be explained...Laughing

Perhaps worse is my understanding that "niku" is that it means meat, as in from the translation of the nickname Sena is given in Haganai. For some reason "meat slave" for sounds even dirtier than "flesh slave" to me.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:14 am Reply with quote
Yes, it also means "meat". Anime hyper But I didn't want to use that word. LOL
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:18 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
THAT SHOP KEEPER'S A PERVERT!! >:I

I got a LOL out of Mercenary offering to buy a pink skirt for Al. Laughing I wish we knew his real name...damn, you know what, I'm just going to call him "Mr. Floof" alright. Bet he'd love that. Laughing

The episode basically showed Zero getting her starting outfit-the manga adaption displayed it far more prominently from the get go,lawl can not remember the LN's take,other than she is wearing it on the first cover.

Zero has been quite forthright about about her place in the hierarchy and history of witch-kind,throughout the anime.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Floof-kun is so tsundere. Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:23 am Reply with quote
On the other hand with the new episode, Zero has gotten very forward that she is flirting very strongly with Mercenary. But how much she sees that he would push so hard back as a defence mechanism from his life of experience. Zero was doing things though to try and help him with relating to others. I really liked the part where she out the flower crown onto his head and he did not remove it, but later gave it to a younger girl who looked afraid of him.

With the looks that Albus' town has had its people burned, so it looks like things may get more serious.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
On the other hand with the new episode, Zero has gotten very forward that she is flirting very strongly with Mercenary.

I can't tell if she's actually serious or just wants to see him squirm uncomfortably. Laughing

.....the disturbing thought is, how much fun are the doujinshi artists going to have with this shiptease?
Confused
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:41 pm Reply with quote
So....the plot has thickened quite a bit. This new Thirteen guy is being pretty manipulative here. D:

Albus cries in despair over losing two friends, Zero and Floof-kun are also being torn apart, Zero's feelings are obviously hurt over Floof-kun not trusting her and nothing about this is okay.

Back to happy! BACK TO HAPPY SHENANIGANS please.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quote
It does seem unreasonable for Zero to expect absolute, unconditional trust from Mercenary, and get this mad over a little doubt. But maybe that happens when you sit in a cave with a bunch of magic nerds all day. I suspect she has that kind of trust, which drove her to create the book in the first place. Still, she should have picked up enough knowledge to recognize the issue, given the problems they've already run into.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:38 pm Reply with quote
This is one of those situations where I can't blame either character for feeling they way they do. Everyone's actions make sense. It's just painful to watch such a cute trio being broken up like that.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:34 am Reply with quote
Yeah, but Zero's the problem here. She knew full well that Thirteen had cast a spell on him, and even if she felt hurt that there was any doubt for him to build it on, she should also know that she's playing right into his hands by cutting ties with Merc - assuming she wasn't acting for hidden familiars' ears. It also didn't help Merc to not have doubts after she had apparently just thrown Albus under the bus.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:19 am Reply with quote
I do think that it falls a bit into Zero not knowing enough about dealing with people that she has thrown him a bit too hard over a little bit of doubt. Having some doubt is normal, people need it to live, and he more than others has to have had it. If he still stuck around despite having doubt, then that shows trust, that he has really been well meaning to her despite any doubt he might have. She is holding up to expectations which are kind of unfair, that she can say she was living a boring life and wanted to help people, but he had his family killed because he trusted them to stay hidden, before he then got revenged afterwards by tearing them apart. I had not really thought about it before, but might he heavily regret listening to them instead of fighting in the first place? He can't be just expected to just fully trust someone he just met.

Thirteen did start to kind of make sense on a lot of things, but seeing how manipulative he is and that he is a hypocrite on a number of his points, he is a bit of a piece of shit. Although I am sure the person who slaughtered their people that he is against is also a piece of shit. There does seem to be a number of good people in the parties, but a point that people do some shitty things out of justification of their good sides. Continuously interested going forward. Hopefully things are patched soon. Like to see Zero grow, which Mercenary sure will to stay around her without necessarily the promise.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Poor Mercenary, meets great young girl who welcomes him into the inn and chats to him about dreams and the like, he even cooks food where he clearly cooked enough so that he could share with the girl with him eating exactly half. But then finds that the girl was afraid of him, let him in because she wanted him to scare away some jerks, let him cook because she though he would eat someone otherwise, and threw out the food he made. He would have helped regardless, but it was that lack of trust that really hurt him, and she did seemed to realise at the end. It actually has some ironic indications for the story, that it acts as an example of why trust for him is so hard, but also how a similar lack of trust in him also hurt. The girl did not seem bad, which made it really kind of sad, but it looked like she lost her mother to a certain even involving a beastfallen.

Zero was super pissed over what Thirteen did to Mercenary, and the fact she put in something that transferred damage from him to her, she still really cared about him. Both of these characters are great. But also, those witches that attacked Mercenary, they looked like they probably were not evil, they were really frightened when their life is at risk, but that only goes into someone should not try and kill unless they themselves are ready for themselves to be done so. I am enjoying the kind of lack of polarisation of right and wrong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3