• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross F Sequel's Promotional Video Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Drool new mecha, new macross, new fighter shifting mecha drool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ruro niko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote
It's looking interesting. It's a good year for mecha with Gurren Lagann in the summer, Gundam 00 now, and later a new Macross. I hope there will be some good dog fights in this.
linxcross

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote
It's so beautiful. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hara

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Are they pulling off that famous "you need to be a resident of Japan to watch this" thing with the trailer? The posted link is blank for me (using Firefox).
linxcross

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hara

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Thanks a lot.

It looks good although it would look cooler if it was animated by Gainax *g*
I will watch it.
eloyabun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:03 pm Reply with quote
My god, that "official" Macross web is a virus page, besides don't finish to load at all its script freezes the web browser in BOTH I.E. and Firefox... If they don't want to get visits, why they bother to annunce their trailers? Mad
ABetterTimeandPlace

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quote
eloyabun wrote:
My god, that "official" Macross web is a virus page, besides don't finish to load at all its script freezes the web browser in BOTH I.E. and Firefox... If they don't want to get visits, why they bother to annunce their trailers? Mad

No viruses, just a site that tons of visitors from Japan and everywhere else is trying to browse at the same time. Once the video does load, it works without freezes in both IE and Firefox. You don't have to go to the official site to see the video though.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Shouldn't it really be called Macross Seed? Rolling Eyes
ABetterTimeandPlace

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:52 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Shouldn't it really be called Macross Seed? Rolling Eyes

What about Macross Frontier says Gundam Seed to you?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:52 pm Reply with quote
linxcross wrote:
It's so beautiful. Shocked

I agree........except....

The beginning part of the animation where it's just ships looks like a video game Rolling Eyes . But once we started to see the 2D and 3D blend it started to look very pretty. If they can just make the 'just ships parts' look like that, then they should be in good shape.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's so beautiful.

And this is just the youtube link, imagine how good it will look with on HD. The CG scenes will probably be the best looking ever in a tv series, heck I'm amazed at how close it's quality is to Zero. Of course it might not look so close once i see it in HD... but it's a massive step up over Aquarion for instance.

hara wrote:
Thanks a lot.

It looks good although it would look cooler if it was animated by Gainax *g*
I will watch it.

You obviously haven't seen Noein, Hellsing Ultimate or Macross Zero, Satelite know their shit and have been much more impressive over the last 5 years in terms of animation than Gainax.

Quote:
Shouldn't it really be called Macross Seed?

Referring to colonies? Try Macross 7 from 1994? Please tell me you're not saying the idol singer = lacus... minmei and sharon would laugh.
hara

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:39 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
You obviously haven't seen Noein, Hellsing Ultimate or Macross Zero, Satelite know their shit and have been much more impressive over the last 5 years in terms of animation than Gainax.

I have seen some Satelight shows including Noein (which is one of my favourite tv shows).
It's just that their character designs are quite generic (except for Noein) and loads of 3D CGI don't make animation better for me. I prefer the cool animation and effects style from Diebuster and Gurren Lagann.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:39 am Reply with quote
hara wrote:

I have seen some Satelight shows including Noein (which is one of my favourite tv shows).
It's just that their character designs are quite generic (except for Noein) and loads of 3D CGI don't make animation better for me. I prefer the cool animation and effects style from Diebuster and Gurren Lagann.

I think Nobuteru Yuki's character designs for Heat Guy J is anything but generic, and I recognized the style as his upon seeing a couple of stills. I agree that the character designer who worked on Noein, Spring and Chaos, and Arjuna also has a unique style. I believe the Macross Zero was trying to get a Mikimoto-ish feel to the designs intentionally.

I think overall most of Satelight's character designs tend to have character to them and don't come across as generic. Then again I'm a huge Kazuki Akane fan, so my opinion is a bit biased.
tlsmith1963

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quote
eloyabun wrote:

It did that to me, also, & I have Firefox. So I watched the YouTube version because I wanted to see if there was new Yoko Kanno music on it. There was. Nice song.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1