• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Random Name

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:22 am Reply with quote
I must be very impressionable last week I watched Aria of the scarlet ammo AA and I end up buying bunny Akari and Aria. This weekend I watch the dub release of School Live and I buy the three Di molto bene figures. Hmm I must exercise extreme caution going into the Girls und Panzer movie next weekend.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:44 am Reply with quote
I've had these two for like three weeks but I'd been too lazy to unbox them

Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:05 am Reply with quote
Maetel arrived by postal express this evening.

It's already a year and a half since Fio and Porco moved in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Subaru arrived this week. I broke a wing tip getting her out of the packaging and a base lug trying to get her to fit. Thank goodness for superglue.

I'll do a group photo when the gashopon Anne of Green Gables arrives and I've fixed Miku Hatsune's broken neck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:34 am Reply with quote
Because of the recent earthquake the post service was delayed quite a bit and it caused my Victor nendoroid to take two months to arrive, but alas, finally they can be reunited again

Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:29 am Reply with quote
Aww, they're so cute together. The Nendos for YoI have been more appealing than the scales so far. I like the Toy'sworks outfit and sculpt but his face looks funny to me, and the G.E.M. figure's face is ok, but dat butt. :/ The ARTFX J face is good, but he's not skating. Sad And why has Victor gotten 3 while Yuuri hasn't even gotten one yet?? He's only the title character.

I had been waiting most of a year for a price drop on Yamato no Kami Yasusada, and with the second Touken Ranbu anime up and running, I figured if I kept waiting they might finally sell out, so I went ahead and got him. Two weeks later they knocked $20 off the price. :/ ::sigh::

Anyway, summer's over and the boys are out of quarantine now. Yay! It's nice to see them again.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Aww, they're so cute together. The Nendos for YoI have been more appealing than the scales so far. I like the Toy'sworks outfit and sculpt but his face looks funny to me, and the G.E.M. figure's face is ok, but dat butt. :/ The ARTFX J face is good, but he's not skating. Sad And why has Victor gotten 3 while Yuuri hasn't even gotten one yet?? He's only the title character.

I think that's everyone's general sentiment -myself included- the scales have all been a disappointment, whilst the Nendoroids are perfectly spot-on and really delightful. There are, however, at least two Yuuri scales announced, but only Megahouse has shown its unpainted prototype (spoiler: it doesn't look good)
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:52 am Reply with quote
Well, that's not good news.

I was also just complaining in another thread about the lack of scales for Thunderbolt Fantasy. Again, great Nendos (if too few), but zero scales, which I need. You just can't get all the necessary details of those costumes in a 4" sculpt that's already 50% head. Smile
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:52 pm Reply with quote
The Anne of Green Gables gashapon set arrived on Friday.

L-R
Anne smashes her slate over Gilbert Blythe's head.
Diane Barry nursing her little sister Minnie May - possibly taken from the episode where Minnie May gets croup and Anne saves her life.
Waiting at the railway station in the first episode. My favourite - I would have been happy with just this one, but in a normal figurine size.
Gazing out the window towards Diane Barry's house - the candle suggests she's sending messages.
Her first puff-sleeved dress.

There are screen shots from other moments for some of these scenes in my review thread.

I managed to fix Miku Hatsune's broken neck. It meant using a very sharp knife to dig out from her body the remnants of the broken joint then using another joint in its place. Now I can post the complete set. Who'd have thought I'd be sticking a knife into Miku Hatsune's neck?

... and I've just replaced my photobucket pictures in this thread. Grrr.

Last edited by Errinundra on Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Haven't ordered anything recently. Been spending too much on mobile games.

Though I suppose my two new orders do count as spending on mobile games Laughing

Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:30 am Reply with quote
Holy guacamole. That Ruler figure is nice. The expression, that little blush, the pose and everything is nice.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:46 am Reply with quote
I know. That's why I caved and bought it Razz

She's on the pricier side and she's far from being my top waifu but I'm a simple man...
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:51 pm Reply with quote
So bit of a story here. When my Martha first arrived I couldn't get her head on. Through some factory error the peg wouldn't match up with the hole (I think it got rotated wrong). Contacted Amiami about it and eventually they sent me a replacement head which fit!

Been buying from them for years but this is the first time I've had an issue. Thankfully their customer service was excellent.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:19 pm Reply with quote
My latest purchases - Yuki Mori and Françoise Arnoul.

The collection:

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 108 of 111