• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Idolish 7 Anime Project Includes Both TV Anime & Spinoff Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringoiero360

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:27 am Reply with quote
So excited for both! Visual just shows their backs but it's beautiful~
manapear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:14 am Reply with quote
So this is basically going to be TROYCA's first, big project? That sounds cool! They have worked on a few shows that were consistently quality stuff, so I'm not worried.

I really like that visual. The lighting and coloring is so great. I'm pretty excited to watch both. I hope they get picked up for streaming quick-like~.

It's also impressive how multimedia i7 is going to be now.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:07 am Reply with quote
Im so excited, but If it wasn't for the 3rd rate drama plot then Idolish7 can be the next big thing after Utapri, I'm more curious about the spin off I wonder if it's going to be based from the manga. I don't mind if they cram the story up to Re:Vale's introduction and skip most of the angst, I also doubt the anime will cover until WOOL's part but I hope it will if there's going to be a 2nd season which I can predict that will be all about Yamato's arc.
NinjAngel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:53 pm Reply with quote
iamtooawesome wrote:
Im so excited, but If it wasn't for the 3rd rate drama plot then Idolish7 can be the next big thing after Utapri,

I have to disagree with this assessment, I really fell out of Utapri after it started being more about the flashiness and less about doing anything with their characters (in the anime, anyway; I've heard better things about the games). I like i7's character building and foreshadowing, personally, and the story's pretty brave to deal with some of the less savory aspects of the business in later parts...I just hope the anime gets that far. As it stands it'll probably only cover Part 1. We might get a preview of Re:vale at the end if we're lucky, but ZOOL is out of the question.

I'm SUPER surprised about the spin off, though. I hope it'll be a more light-hearted look into some of the in-game Rabbit Chats that won't otherwise make it into the main story.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:22 am Reply with quote
NinjAngel wrote:

I really fell out of Utapri after it started being more about the flashiness and less about doing anything with their characters (in the anime, anyway; I've heard better things about the games).

I agree with you in it's all about the flashiness and a bunch of random plot thrown into 1 season Utapri is nonsensical storywise with bad plot narrating, the main character became transparent and unimportant during Season 4 and it was so stupid. It was her role to be the MC just like in the original game franchise but like what happened to Marginal 4(anime) they disregarded the female MC; bad sales result, I hope Idolish7 anime won't treat Tsumugi the same way. What Utapri is selling are their songs, not their terrible plot.

I7 is better in plot narrating, although while it's good it becomes the same repetitive drama. 2 members will get into fight about their idol work, family angst, they make up with friendship power, new song then the same thing happens to the next sub unit group,even with TRIGGER the drama is continuously recycling and it tires me, but atleast it's better than Utapri.

ie the rabbit chats of Gaku and Tsumugi are just adorable, they sound like an old married couple. If there's going to be a little romance added to Idolish7 spinoff we all know that it's gonna be Gaku and Tsumugi moments.
pkmngladion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:57 pm Reply with quote
first i'm going to say idolish7 is not an otome game it is a rhythm game it's not exclusively about her so don't expect romance between her and (insert member) but there are characters that have interest in her and secondly no worries she will in fact be in the anime since they plan to follow the main story you know she has to be there to support idolish7.
ashureechan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:51 am Reply with quote
I am very excited for this. Not only are we getting an anime, we're getting two anime. I hope Bandai Namco will let us know exactly what the spin-off is going to be about soon. My personal hope is that it will be about rabbit chats and events/dramas relating to them like Ainana Police or the Christmas play I7 and TRG were in.

I'm very invested in the series story and characters so I am hoping it will follow that. I'm curious how many episodes there will be and how far we'll get into the story. There is a lot of content between the series start and Black and White showdown so I do wonder.

All-in-all I look forward to seeing everyone animated and all the songs! I hope TROYCA does it justice!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1