Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan (TV2/2017).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:25 am Reply with quote
I read speculation here at ANN that the guy on top of the Beast Titan is spoiler[Eren's father.]
DuskyPredator
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:46 am Reply with quote
What kind of crazy person would think that?
spoiler[It was what I was guessing.]
I feel like we might find out it is someone's spoiler[father, maybe Annie's since I think a father was mentioned in her training]. I will split the difference to give the ultimate crazy conspiracy that spoiler[Eren's father and Annie's fused together in some crazy Titan witchcraft.]

Oh, there was something in the episode I thought I might just comment, and might as well here. The reviewer said that the underground city came out of nowhere in the story, but it actually has not, it had been mentioned before, at least in some of the OVA. It is actually where Levi grew up, why he is a clean freak as cleanliness is important there to prevent dangerous mold, and how he got trained in the gear. It could take in some amount of the people, but it does not make any food and thus food is a scarcity even for the regular population there, and I think there was possible health problems mentioned from spending their lives without sunlight.
Blood-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:18 am Reply with quote
Sorry, DP, I forgot it was you who made that speculation. Now that I realize that, I no longer think it could be true. Wink

I kid, I kid! I personally think you are correct.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:50 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
That's definitely not Hannes atop the beast titan. If you pause the episode at that scene, it's very easy to tell that it is someone else, especially considering how brutally Hannes was torn apart by the smiling titan.

As far as I could tell, there were no specifics on how Hannes was torn apart (it looked like he was chewed in half from the waist down). Looking at the character in question, he has the same hair colour as Hannes, he's not wearing any shirt (so if Hannes really is a Titan he could regenerate from the waist up, not sure if Titans are THAT ridiculous in their regeneration ability) and his final comment about it "being too early" seems to suggest something in relation to Eren.

It's all speculation of course. I've not read the source material. If I wanted to, I could easily spoil myself on the specifics. Regardless, anime-only viewers will have to wait for further adaptations to get the answers if they're not willing to go into the source material before 2018.
Blood-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:25 am Reply with quote
I would say that one of the bigger reasons to think it's not Hannes is that the figure on Beast Titan was wearing glasses.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I would say that one of the bigger reasons to think it's not Hannes is that the figure on Beast Titan was wearing glasses.

I wonder if that was done deliberately by the animators to hide the person's identity. Funny how eyes make such a difference when it comes to identifying a person.

Either way, anyone who watches the anime exclusively will just have to wait a year before finding out if the beast titan's identity is revealed in the next adaptation.
Dunk_Kong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:50 am Reply with quote
The ending is scary with the order from Irwin. Guess i need continue to read the manga for the more story.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:34 pm Reply with quote
You'll kick yourselves when you find out who it is during Season 4. I say that asspoiler[ Season 3, unless rushed, won't contain Titans until the very last episode/s.]

Saying that, I have alot of respect for those only watching the anime with no spoilers. I personally couldn't wait to watch one episode per week, so I'm planning to marathon the season now it's out in it's entirety.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:51 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

and not drunk.
Blood-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Good point.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:54 pm Reply with quote
as for the upcoming season (manga spoiler incoming)spoiler[I think the Grisha Yeager backstory will become an ova release, if the next season is a 2 cour release then that means time for the insurrection and the Clash of the Titans arcs in of themselves would be more than enough to fill 2 cours, while Grisha' backstory is mandatory to continuing on beyond the Walls, it would still be episodes eating into whatever narrative the studio would want to convey for the arc.]
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:35 pm Reply with quote
@FenixFiesta

The second season was the Clash of Titans arc,and so happens the last episode previewed the third season.spoiler[The scene of Hange&Conny revealing what was discovered to Erwin is from the first chapter of the first volume of The Uprising arc]

I'am on the one cour per season side:a two cour third season would need to be 42-52 episodes but then anime folks would end up waiting another fours years, if not more before there could be a fourth season.

Last edited by Nordhmmer on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Structure-wise, I think 1-cour seasons work very well for AoT, because it translates nicely into the story arcs. The problem, though, with Season 3 being 1-cour, is that spoiler[there isn't a lot of action in the next arc], which would lead to spoiler[a lot of people who come to AoT for the action to be turned off].

As it stands, I think there's enough (or will be enough by the time S3 will be started) to cover 2 cour. That way, we can get 2 more arcs, and then in about a year get Season 4, possibly to finish off the story.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:33 pm Reply with quote
As I am a few light years behind everyone else, only just finished the second season.
Loved it all, except for the constant going back and forth the present and: "2 hours before", "12 hours before", "the day before", "6:30 hours before"...

Lots o great action. I did not mind the slightly slower bits in season one, except for Armin's long monologues maybe, so glad these were gone.But season two felt really full and intense from episode one till the very end, and it was nice to see some sort of justice (?) happening at the end. Still, totally disagree with Erwin (btw, WHY is everyone calling their superiors in this army by their first names???)- this time the risk sort of paid off, but he really will run out of people for his experiments before they manage to find anything. Fighting for humanity is one thing, but his main motive almost seems like some sort of subconscious self-destruction.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8