• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Berserk Anime Ends With 'The Story Continues' Message

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShinuZERO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:18 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed Berserk 2016-17. To me, the story/voice acting were enough for me to look past the flaws of the series. There were still moments that were genuinely badass and I was always left wishing for more at the end of each episode every week. Obviously there were budget constraints but it felt like the studio tried their hardest to do the best they could.

They improved over the course of the series but it does seem like they ran out of time/were rushed on the last few episodes. I'm still confident that they'll be fixed in the BDs. But really, I'm just disappointed with the Berserk fanbase in general. So much negativity and entitlement.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Just do a full reboot and actually start from the beginning of the manga this time. And I'm talking about the actual beginning before the Golden Age arc.
Shar Aznabull

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Sir Daniel Fortesque wrote:
PlayStation 2 Berserk

That's an insult to the actual PS2 Berserk
j Talbain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:56 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
CatSword wrote:
"The story continues...in the manga. Please stop watching this."

"And play Berserk Musou instead." Laughing

I just finished the Conviction Arc and the cut scenes in Berserk Musou is 1000x better than the anime.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:14 pm Reply with quote
ShinuZERO wrote:
I enjoyed Berserk 2016-17. To me, the story/voice acting were enough for me to look past the flaws of the series. There were still moments that were genuinely badass and I was always left wishing for more at the end of each episode every week. Obviously there were budget constraints but it felt like the studio tried their hardest to do the best they could.

They improved over the course of the series but it does seem like they ran out of time/were rushed on the last few episodes. I'm still confident that they'll be fixed in the BDs. But really, I'm just disappointed with the Berserk fanbase in general. So much negativity and entitlement.

This reflects my thoughts very well. I'd be happy with an anime continuation, even if it were from this studio.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:33 pm Reply with quote
ShinuZERO wrote:
But really, I'm just disappointed with the Berserk fanbase in general. So much negativity and entitlement.

Quoting for truthiness.
Nodz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The 24th and final episode of the new Berserk anime premiered on Friday and ended with a "The Story Continues..." message. The staff have not announced a continuation for the anime.

The news is actually 2 lines long.
The articles is the full of filler lines.
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
ShinuZERO wrote:
But really, I'm just disappointed with the Berserk fanbase in general. So much negativity and entitlement.

Quoting for truthiness.

Yeah! How dare they insist on quality and competency? The ingrates!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:37 am Reply with quote
CheezcakeMe wrote:
Blood- wrote:
ShinuZERO wrote:

Quoting for truthiness.

Yeah! How dare they insist on quality and competency? The ingrates!

Insisting on quality and competency is fine. But some of these fanboys write in modes of expression more suitable for discussing the Holocaust. Maybe you dig reading fanboy rage, but it's not my thing.
cutslo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:03 am Reply with quote
The weird thing is that Berserk fanboys still insist on watching it, and then get mad that it looks bad. I dunno, maybe I'm not a hardcore enough fan but I gave it two episodes and then I realized that it wasn't worth watching. If you're still here and steaming two seasons later you probably don't want it any other way.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:17 am Reply with quote
You may want to get about 6 episodes into it before giving up on it. Season 1 episode 1 was especially bad, but it got gradually better throughout that season and on into season 2. The end of season 2 faltered pretty badly in a few episodes, but for the most part the first two episodes of season 1 were significantly worse than the rest of it.

edit: As to criticism of the show - I didn't really mind most of it, and much of it was certainly earned, but I wish there'd been more actual discussion in the discussion threads, and that more of the criticism were constructive and worth reading.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:25 am Reply with quote
What? You didn't find the endless iteration of, "errggg, visuals bad" to be scintillating reading???
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:46 am Reply with quote
While everyone cries about the animation, I'm just glad we're getting more Berserk anime. Bring on Berserk 2018!
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:43 pm Reply with quote
How dare the fanbase criticize a product that can´t even get charted on the Oricon top 100 anymore. S01 Part 2 was ranked 119 on its 1st week. Proper sales are thus unknown and S01 Part 1 sold 803 copies in the first week. Meaning that it probably topped out around 1k and S02 is destined for a double repeat. Who knows if the 3rd film lost more money but i still just presented mathematical proof that there is no market for this rubbish.

Something the publisher basically acknowledged, as the whole of Berserk to the end point of S01 was available to read on Hakusensha´s website when S01 was rolling out. So even the publisher know what sort of "advertisement" the anime producers coked up for them... Especially if i consider the anime success of the fellow YA manga 3-gatsu no Lion.

@Psycho 101 That´s nice and all but how is a 3rd TV season supposed to be financed? You can´t loose money for years on end and still find investors. That´s why the films stopped. No one will finance another 4 hours of tv either. Not only due to the lack of interest / the toxic reception in Japan but just by the fact alone that they won´t have enough materiel if they keep up the pacing.
This board is about as final a word as the site will have on animated Berserk for quite some time. Besides some random OVA or so with Vol.40.

Last edited by residentgrigo on Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Coming in to make the 500th "the animation sucks" comment is simply redundant at this point. Saying "the fanboys suck" is also rather pointless. So how about we all stay on topic and if you have nothing of value to add then just don't bother. You'll have plenty of chances to repeat the same comments over and over whenever the next season is announced.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2