• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Little Witch Academia (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:47 am Reply with quote
I am very sad this wonderful show is over, but boy it sure brought me a lot of happiness and joy during its run. I love this franchise! I feel the finale was filled with earned emotion - loved seeing the return of the legendary broom (which I was kind of expecting).

For me, the second cours was not as strong or as - forgive me - magic as the first, but overall the show told an engaging story with great characters and humour.

Rated this Excellent and fervently hope for more in the future. Thanks, Trigger!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:03 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I like the slow burn effect Akko is having on Andrew. ... Obviously her influence will be instrumental in his freeing himself from his father's constraints, and I'm going to enjoy that.

And I very much did. I was also pleased to see he attended her maiden flight. Note that she couldn't get off the ground until he gave her back her hat. Wink

Yeah, the moment they built the rocket broom, I was thinking, "This is so totally Trigger," and from there they just kept firing away, literally, with ever-increasing ballistic brilliance.

So I think overall I enjoyed it. It took me awhile to come around, mostly because Akko's uber-genkiness drove me nuts (especially when she was hounding the girl who wanted to be left alone in her lab), but once the story started rolling in the second half, it overcame that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11