• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I certainly agree with the anger over removing the sales date. That's really annoying. But the good news is you get an email letting you know the sale is coming to an end! Wink
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I've received 7 emails from Rightstuf.com in the past 3 days. One was about Spaghetti Day whatever that was and the most recent one was about someone who somehow got their package ran over by a car.

If it's emails about sales then I'm fine. These two seem more appropriate for Twitter or other social media, not the bulk e-mail list.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:15 am Reply with quote
I agree with Megiddo. Sale starts, sale ends, special sales, that's fine. Even the daily Mega Deal announcements during the Holiday Sale was fine. But while we were getting emails only weekly, it's been nearly daily now. If not multiple per day.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:31 am Reply with quote
I looked back through my trash, I count 10 messages from TRSI since the first of the year. Of course this is nothing like the frequency I get from Best Buy or HP. I suppose it works for them.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm also getting tired of the e-mail deluge. The reminders about major distributor sales are welcome, and maybe even weekly specials, but I don't need multiple messages about every single thing going on in the store. At the very least it would be nice to have some control over the subscription, so you could for instance just get messages about the big sales and nothing else.

And is there any way to get an option to always stay logged-in when you visit the site? I managed to get my browser to remember my information, but it's still annoying to always have to do it, especially since your login seems to time out after a while.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:32 am Reply with quote
Just wanted to say HURRAY!! I can now login to the website without general weirdness or issues and my saved list Alphabetical order now works. These were definitely irritants that impeded my browsing.
FlashStrife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:44 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
We like the new website, except for one big thing - the past Order History list.

We've had some correspondence with Rightstuf about it that goes something like this:

• I see that our Order History now goes back up to 2013. Would the rest of our Order History be added? And if so, is it soon?

The reason I'm asking is because I have Order History that goes back a decade, and for the Rightstuf Holiday Sale, I want to avoid unintentionally ordering the same item twice. But Rightstuf's website can't let me know if I already ordered something in the past unless my whole Order History is available. That's why I really appreciated Rightstuf's old Order History list since it showed all my past orders all at once (especially quick with a web-browser keyword search).

• So I take it that no more past Order History beyond 2013 will be added
    anymore in the future?
    That's quite unfortunate - Rightstuf's old Order History was very useful
    in double-checking past purchases and avoiding duplicate purchases.

This actually makes me more reluctant to buy some Holiday Sale items
    because I have to make sure first that I didn't already purchase it before
    (and that entails having to search through my boxes of anime stuff,
    when before I could just easily search through Rightstuf's old
    Order History list that goes back many years to a decade).

I hope you guys reconsider and add the rest of all our past Order History.
    Please let your boss Mr. Shawne Kleckner know it'd be greatly appreciated.
    That complete list of past Order History makes us coming back to shop at
    Rightstuf year after year because we know we can rely on it.
    (For reference, Amazon keeps all our Order History through the years.)

Amazon also didn't make a change from one system to another. Sad

If you'd like, customer care can dump you a spreadsheet of every item you had ordered before June 2015 that you can have for reference.

This something they can still do? I'd really love to have a spreadsheet of my old order history. Reason I need this is because I need to check if I had ordered some items in the past or not and all my emailed order confirmations are long gone since they were grabbed in Microsoft Outlook and the hard drive with those emails died a long time ago.
RightStufHawkeyeMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:12 am Reply with quote
^Most if not all of your order history should be on your account already. If you need things going back more than that, send me a pm with your account email and name and we can see if we can pull it for you. I can't guarantee anything but we'll do our best.
FlashStrife

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:24 pm Reply with quote
RightStufHawkeyeMinion wrote:
^Most if not all of your order history should be on your account already. If you need things going back more than that, send me a pm with your account email and name and we can see if we can pull it for you. I can't guarantee anything but we'll do our best.

PM sent. Thanks for looking into it for me. Hope it's possible to get.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 17 of 17