• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rapist To Be Sentenced For Attack at Irish Gaming Convention

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maria Cadenzavna Eve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:55 am Reply with quote
I decided to skip ArcadeCon and thank God.. I found out about it few months later but took it with a grain of salt because I thought people were spreading rumours or something. Irish con organisers in Ireland have been cancelling cons like crazy lately and it just seemed like ArcadeCon was one of the first ones to start the trend. I'm actually appalled that it actually happened. My thoughts are with the victim and her close ones. I hope the bastard gets what he deserves and hopefully this won't negatively affect Irish cons. This on top of the Dublin ComicCon controversy is not looking great.
TurianLannister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:35 pm Reply with quote
He got sentenced to 12 years in prison, hopefully he doesn't get out early and serves his full sentence.

He's been banned from every convention in Ireland and MCM Expo know about him to so he's banned from at least one convention company in the UK.

OK, what's the controversy about Dublin Comic Con?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1