• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Correcting primary title (Mary and The Witch's Flower)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lapin noir

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I've looked through the submission forms and this forum and, so far, not found out how one can submit corrections to the primary title of an anime.

Specifically, Studio Ponoc's YouTube account, the Japanese poster and official website all capitalise the official roman-character title of メアリと魔女の花 as "Mary and The Witch's Flower", but, at present, the encyclopaedia entry has "Mary and the Witch's Flower" as it's primary title. (It's my understanding that as a rule ANN - unlike IMDb and Wikipedia - follows the nonstandard capitalisation of roman-character titles used officially in Japan, e.g. The Boy and The Beast, your name., etc.)

I have attempted to submit the correct title as an alternative title, but the encyclopaedia will not let me (presumably because it differs from an existing title only in capitalisation).

P.S. I'm British. If you're American, feel free to imagine that any of the ses in my posts are zs.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Lapin noir wrote:
I have attempted to submit the correct title as an alternative title, but the encyclopaedia will not let me (presumably because it differs from an existing title only in capitalisation).

Yeah, that is correct. This is easy for an encyclopedia editor (or the original submitter) to fix, so you can ask on the forum (as you did) or submit an error report in these cases.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1