• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Cosplay Thread

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:44 pm Reply with quote
So after some debate among the moderators we decided to create this official cosplay discussion thread. Cosplay is a huge part of the convention community and also the anime fandom. Often most people share or discuss the topic either simply in news articles or in event related threads for conventions. There is no real centralized discussion however. Since we split the Anime section in this more general one, and the other being for actual specific shows, we thought this would be the best place for a more centralized cosplay discussion. So here it is.

Feel free to share stories, prop advice/tips, ask for advice or where to find items, or share photos. The one thing we do ask everyone adhere to is please do not simply list a ton of photos and nothing else. Please provide explanations as to why you are posting photos of particular cosplay outfits and when possible use smaller images or links so the thread does not become inundated with massive amounts of large photos. I am going to copy 2 previous posts from another thread into this one to get the ball rolling.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:45 pm Reply with quote
animecosplayer wrote:

She's not just a pretty face but a talented makeup artist. Regina transformed into Sailor warriors. What can you say about this Sailor Moon tribute?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yep, pretty amazing. I'm debating whether to go to FanExpo in Toronto this year. They've got a pretty awesome line up of cosplayers coming:

http://fanexpocanada.com/anime-featured-guests/#cosplay
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1