• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tsukigakirei (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

There's an interesting insight about Japanese society in this episode, especially with the whole writer thing going on. The publisher's demands for literature that sell and telling people to switch over to light novels instead of encouraging them to pursue "serious" literature. I'm not quite sure how the publishing scene here in the States is but I've heard (from Writing professors) they do drop the same 'truth' bomb on you (i.e. you're no good, etc.) however I don't recall hearing stories about telling people now to pursue it.

Onto the episode itself, the whole "confrontation" of Chinatsu and Akane was. . . a bit too mature for people their age? Perhaps it's cultural differences or their friendship but I did quite like how it was handled. It affected Akane more than it seem to affect Chinatsu. I'm glad it didn't turn out into a mess of misunderstandings that ultimately hurts everyone.

Also, Does anyone know if every title of the show's episodes is an allusion to Japanese literature? I know episodes 5 and 6 are titles of works of both Osamu Dazai and Natsume Soseki respectively.
Galap

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:49 am Reply with quote
dear GOD look at that billboard on the truck!

[/img]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

And that is this done. The general idea in the episode was that Going so much long distance would be quite hard, that it might be better to just end it. But as the finale bit of the episode showed through a montage, they do manage to stay together despite any difficulties, eventually getting married and having child. I kind of assumed it would all end in drifting apart, but it didn't.

And what to say to that? I don't know, I kind of was not that interested in this pairing, I guess I could say cute, or good for them. Guess I was still kind of going for Chinatsu, who apparently then went to the same high school as him while he still stayed long distance. Guess at the same time I should talk about some things I did like, the festival, where the OP seemed to used to be live action before getting replaced by animation, which was the sort of thing he did in the festival.

I give a rating of So-so (5/10), I can't say it really grabbed my attention.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:17 am Reply with quote
So far this was the best anime of the year for me. It'll probably be passed by Owarimonogatari, and I don't overall consider it excellent or anything like that, but it was just incredibly nice.

Screw Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, give me Cute Couples Doing Cute Things, Japan.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:20 am Reply with quote
Just finished this.

I honestly detested Azumi's jealous streak, even by monogamous standards. I very much wanted to slap the shit out of him during these "conflicts". It was really sappy at the end, too. That's aside from all the way-too-noticeable CGI models and average animation relative to its promotional visuals--though I suppose that's par for the course.

Otherwise, it was decent for what it was. Captured the generally awkward combination of teen love and introversion, and it was kinda cute in some places. I can relate personally to the dread that comes from being separated by the responsibilities of life.

I wouldn't buy it, but it wasn't a waste of my time.

Gave it a 7.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:55 am Reply with quote
This is the series with the clip show and really terrible animation in the following episodes, right? I probably should wait then for the home release so they can finish animating the show. Or just treat the broadcast series as its the finished show because we all moved on...

I love the Short Takes at the end of episodes and how it satirizes the main pairing's utter cuteness/banality. "Ah, how sweet! They can barely hold hands! Wait, couple A's doing what now?!" Obviously a riff on When Harry Meet Sally if all the couples interviewed were talking about infidelity or how they finally divorced.

Overall conclusion: TBD. Can they save it in post or not? Thematically however, this is solid good stuff, A ranking. Not "S", that's Toradora but certainly better than a large, large number of shows I could mention... and those would just be the ones that reach a romantic conclusion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2