• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Characters Who Just Can't Resist Cats

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just Passing Through

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:14 am Reply with quote
And then there's Sakaki's ultimate cat, Chiyo's dad!
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:34 am Reply with quote
Kemono Friends second-to-last on the manga people were excited for? Come on, ANN. Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
connysanada

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:39 am Reply with quote
What about Sei Handa from Barakamon?
Sairin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:47 am Reply with quote
What? Where is Shiina from angel beats? O.o
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:47 am Reply with quote
No Nayuki Minase from Kanon? She's practically magnetized to cats despite the fact she's severely allergic to them.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:48 am Reply with quote
I don't think Sakaki cultivates a "cool girl" image. She's too humble for that. She just happens to be "cool" without much effort because of her height, looks, intelligence, and athletic ability.

(This is based on possibly faulty memory; I haven't watched Azumanga Daioh for some time now.)
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:50 am Reply with quote
Tohru Honda hands down from Fruits Basket. She fell for Kyou who is a cat!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:06 am Reply with quote
"Ancient Japan (Touken Ranbu)"

....... wha..? I didn't know "1840's" qualified as "ancient".
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:13 am Reply with quote
Do I enter some kind of list if I vote for the world where your marriage partner gets selected at 16
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:14 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
I don't think Sakaki cultivates a "cool girl" image. She's too humble for that. She just happens to be "cool" without much effort because of her height, looks, intelligence, and athletic ability.

(This is based on possibly faulty memory; I haven't watched Azumanga Daioh for some time now.)

That was joke.She herself doesn't cultivate the image but that's how everyone around her see's her and I'm guessing she doesn't want to disappoint them.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:23 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
I don't think Sakaki cultivates a "cool girl" image. She's too humble for that. She just happens to be "cool" without much effort because of her height, looks, intelligence, and athletic ability.(This is based on possibly faulty memory; I haven't watched Azumanga Daioh for some time now.)
No, you are absolutely right. Miss Sakaki is just quiet and it's the other girls outside The Six (especially Kaori!) that think she's "cool". She never overtly did or said anything that would foster the "Cool Girl" image.

Last edited by Hiroki not Takuya on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
peno

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:23 am Reply with quote
Madoka from Shounen Maid should be on the list. Seriously, man with cat allergy, who still couldn't resist a cat and often takes them home, despite that, causing lot of troubles to himself and anyone around him, yet he has fear of dogs? Who else fits the definition of weird cat fetish if not Madoka?
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:32 am Reply with quote
I'd love to live in Kotobuki-sou just for Ruriko's cooking!
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:36 am Reply with quote
Yo, Fate/Apocrypha doesn't take place in Fuyuki. That's the setting of Fate/stay night, Fate/Zero, Fate/hollow ataraxia, and Fate/kaleid liner. Apocrypha's setting is Romania.
Side note: Fate/Extra and Fate/Extella's setting is the moon in a dystopian future of another alternate world with its own unique background. Or rather, inside a Matrix-like computer-generated reality, inside a hyper-advanced computer system that happens to be physically located on the moon, in a dystopian... etc (btw, for those reading this who might think I just spoiled some Matrix-like twist with that statement, no, that stuff is spelled out for you at pretty much the very beginning). So yeah, Fuyuki really isn't a catch-all in the slightest.

Or you could just do the ultimate catch-all and call it the Nasuverse. Which is an entire multiverse containing quite a few universes with their own distinct details of setting, so it might be cheating.

Although Fuyuki still has the same issue when not paired with a series name, because the 2 different versions of Fuyuki in kaleid liner are very different from the version of Fuyuki in the former 3 entries. Therefore the same thing would end up fitting just as well in the end I suppose: Nasuverse (Fate/Apocrypha)

[Regardless, that isn't my vote anyway. That's Western Restaurant Nekoyama. I'm just saying.]

#861208 wrote:
"Ancient Japan (Touken Ranbu)"

....... wha..? I didn't know "1840's" qualified as "ancient".

Yeah, by the way, there's that one, too. I'm also pretty sure that one doesn't always take place in exactly the same point in time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NormanS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I was tempted to pick Made in Abyss's setting as a choice, but i realized that the abyss might not seem all that wonderful. So i guess a world with monster/animal people would be interesting to live in.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3