Forum - View topic
Report Abusive PMs Here

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:24 pm Reply with quote
It does take a certain level of patheticness to do the exact same thing for several years and not get totally bored of it. Whoever it is, I don't get how it hasn't stopped being a routine or a chore to them, unless they really have had nothing better to do all those years...
Psycho 101

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:18 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
It does take a certain level of patheticness to do the exact same thing for several years and not get totally bored of it. Whoever it is, I don't get how it hasn't stopped being a routine or a chore to them, unless they really have had nothing better to do all those years...

I almost admire the level of dedication he has shown to this completely pointless and honestly at this point irrelevant endeavor. I mean it's not funny nor really upsetting anymore for the most part as most people already know about this routine. Yet he still keeps on doing it. That's dedication! It's also quite sad too.

In any event, I have heard from admin that this account has been given the boot. So we'll just sit back and wait for the next one.
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:25 pm Reply with quote
I've had an anonymous PM happen to me and I've reported it although frankly I'm kind of at a loss to see WHERE to send the complaint to.
I'm fairly certain I PM'd Tempest (sorry in advance if I wasn't supposed to do that!) and e-mailed the [email protected] link from regular e-mail account.
The board FAQ and links are vague on where to report hostile PM's as far as I'm concerned...

I do think people SHOULDN'T be able to PM others if they don't have posts on the regular boards. That just invites anonymous PM insults.
The guy who PM'd and INSULTED me didn't have posts to his user name, either.

Oh, and FYI, his posting name is jfjeawlkfjewi

Again, no boards posts to that name.

I hope you can trace his computer address and get him permanently banned because NOBODY should be allowed to talk to something like he did to me just because I had a different opinion or he didn't like something I wrote.
He was ridiculously over the top and abusive towards me in his speech.
getchman
Space CowboySpace Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:12 pm Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
I've had an anonymous PM happen to me and I've reported it although frankly I'm kind of at a loss to see WHERE to send the complaint to.

its the second sticky thread in the Bugs and Techincal Questions section
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:35 pm Reply with quote
getchman,

Thanks for pointing it out to me but a mod just got back to me today.

He's going to resolve the issue.

I hope they can nail this guy's IP address and block him from ANN.
There's some abuse that deserves a lifetime ban!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7