• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts III to Have 2nd Playable Character, Possible Switch Release

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:54 am Reply with quote
We're playing as Aqua (Most likely Riku considering the plot, but I want it to be Aqua since she's best character even though 0.2 is KH3's prologue.) again.

It's reasonable to just expect Dragon Quest and some spin-off level game on Switch from SE. Anything else should come as a surprise.
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:22 am Reply with quote
^ Yeah here's to hoping it's Riku. I know 0.2 is KH3s prologue but I don't think we'll play through that part again at the start of KH3. It still can very much be Aqua though.

I mean I've dreamt about KH3 for so long, in my perfect world with a perfect KH3, we'll be able to play as a plethora of characters, namely spoiler[the Seven Guardians of Light.]
kewldude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:31 am Reply with quote
I'll be honest. I really hope its Kairi. We've been able to play either as or with almost all the other characters by now and she's got precious little time on the screen, even though she's an important character.

Given all the new developments at the end of 3D and then in 0.2, I feel that if we get to play as her, it's going to be a great way to develop her character and give us a new look at the world from her perspective, with her time in the spotlight Very Happy
Aquamine-Amarine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:28 am Reply with quote
I think it'll be Kairi as well. It would make sense, since she and spoiler[Lea are training together with their Keyblades.] It'll probably be similiar to KHII's prologue with Roxas, learning the basics and other information.
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:10 am Reply with quote
I've already seen the Toy Story world trailer, but I watched it again cause I'm that excited for it. Also, I need to catch up the the other KH games.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:19 am Reply with quote
TokyoSplash wrote:
I know 0.2 is KH3s prologue but I don't think we'll play through that part again at the start of KH3. It still can very much be Aqua though.

The entire purpose of 0.2 being taken out of KH3 (aside from the increased content in KH3) is to avoid KH2's prologue again (long prologue that ruins the pacing). KH3 begins immediately after the end of 0.2 as stated by Tetsuya Nomura. I'm referring to later on in the game in regards to Aqua.

Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
It'll probably be similiar to KHII's prologue with Roxas, learning the basics and other information.

0.2 is similar to KH2's prologue. We've already learned the basics, hence it also being a demo for the full game. KH3 begins immediately after 0.2.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:35 am Reply with quote
Would be nice for Kairi to finally get some spotlight. I really hope she fights for herself this time instead of being kidnapped once again.
Roxas4ever

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:16 pm Reply with quote
*glances at username*

Yeahhh I'm hoping it will be Roxas Laughing
immblueversion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:31 pm Reply with quote
KH3D's secret ending already made a huge deal about Kairi learning to use that Keyblade she only used for exactly one scene in KH2. To not capitalize on this to the fullest extent would be foolish. Time to give Kairi her due, Nomura.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:23 pm Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
KH3D's secret ending already made a huge deal about Kairi learning to use that Keyblade she only used for exactly one scene in KH2. To not capitalize on this to the fullest extent would be foolish. Time to give Kairi her due, Nomura.

Couldn't be anymore foolish than making a bunch of spinoff titles that screws up the lore....or Kingdom Hearts 3 somehow missing the PS3.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:12 am Reply with quote
If Kingdom Hearts III makes it onto the Switch, I'm definitely picking it up there...though if I do, I've got a LOT of franchise lore to catch up on. It looks horrifically complicated.

Say, was there already confirmation of a Frozen world? I'd be surprised if there wasn't such a thing in the game.
Roxas4ever

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:23 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
If Kingdom Hearts III makes it onto the Switch, I'm definitely picking it up there...though if I do, I've got a LOT of franchise lore to catch up on. It looks horrifically complicated.

Say, was there already confirmation of a Frozen world? I'd be surprised if there wasn't such a thing in the game.

I don't believe Frozen has been confirmed yet. I think the only confirmed worlds so far are Toy Story, Big Hero 6, Mount Olympus, and Tangled, but I could be wrong. I would be pretty surprised if we don't get Frozen though, since they seem to be diving head first into Pixar content this time around. I'm just hoping we don't get Marvel or Star Wars...those would feel so out of place D:
Xavon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:59 pm Reply with quote
I too am hoping for Kairi. Though I guess that's obvious.
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Roxas4ever wrote:
I would be pretty surprised if we don't get Frozen though, since they seem to be diving head first into Pixar content this time around.

Frozen isn't a Pixar movie, but regardless it would be surprising if Frozen didn't get in, considering it's by far the most popular Disney film from the past 20 years.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:51 am Reply with quote
It'd also fit into the Kingdom Hearts premise and gameplay quite well and is popular in both Japan and North America. That, and the Disney executives would likely insist on one if there isn't. That's why I'd be surprised if there isn't one.

What do they do with the Disney worlds in the side games? Do they just reuse ones from Kingdom Hearts I and Kingdom Hearts II? Do they introduce any new ones into those?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2