• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Ships Wooden Display Case with 27 Naruto Volumes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Not only do you get the case but it ends up being cheaper than retail.

I don't think I would get it, but I must say that it's pretty neat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Heretic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Too bad they aren't selling this box by itself or with just volume 27; I'd pick it up.
population_tire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I have every issue of Shonen Jump so I'll only need volume 17-27.
just putting in my 2 cents...
Celes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I saw this at Borders a week ago (guess they got it earlier than the street date, which they tend to do with Viz titles, I've noticed). It is really impressive and beautiful in person. I hate all things Naruto so I would never buy it, but for any fan who hasn't gotten all the manga yet, it's an awesome buy. Each book comes to around $7 each plus you get all the neat extras.

Viz, please do something like this for Red River or Boys Over Flowers! (Not likely, but it's the only long shojo series I can think of right now, lol.)
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quote
That is a seriously good price considering it comes with the wooden box and stuff. I haven't been real interested in Naruto for 3 years, but something like this is setting off a 'want' siren in my mind >< Its probably a good thing I don't have $200 right now...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Celes wrote:
Viz, please do something like this for Red River or Boys Over Flowers!

I agree. I'm actually planning to buy all of the Hana Yori Dango anime and manga series, but not even the anime has a box set (to my knowledge). I have no problem buying the DVDs separately, but box sets are cheaper and easier to buy. The series definitely isn't as popular as Naruto and may never receive this kind of treatment, but it certainly deserves a "collection" of some sort.
Shawaazu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Heretic wrote:
Too bad they aren't selling this box by itself or with just volume 27; I'd pick it up.

So would I. I saw it at the bookstore last week and it looks lovely. Too bad I have about half of whats in it. Sad
maichips

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Just in time for Christmas! How fortunate!
MokonaModoki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
That is a seriously good price considering it comes with the wooden box and stuff. I haven't been real interested in Naruto for 3 years, but something like this is setting off a 'want' siren in my mind >< Its probably a good thing I don't have $200 right now...

Actually it's just $119.67 from amazon.

(yes, I'm a bad influence)
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quote
This is a very nice product that VIZ is putting out. But I wish that they would do a box type of set for some of their other popular completed series, particularly Rurouni Kenshin, Dragon Ball, and Death Note. Also, if DVDs can have boxsets, then why can't mangas have separate boxsets also? It'd be a good idea to pack up manga volumes in 4 volume packs or something like that. Personally, I buy manga in bunches and it would be cool to see multiple volumes in one cheaper package, while maybe throwing in a couple of cool extras like posters and such.

So with Naruto Volume 28 coming in March, it looks like we'll probably be seeing the Naruto Shippuden anime stateside by fall of next of year. Just my guess.....
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:20 am Reply with quote
jeromeskee wrote:
But I wish that they would do a box type of set for some of their other popular completed series, particularly Rurouni Kenshin, Dragon Ball, and Death Note.

A good idea that Viz could do is "Death Note #13" as part of a Death note Box set. Plus Seeing that FUNi and ADV release boxsets once they're done with the regualr DVD's, Viz could make a cheap box set for DB/DBZ and Kenshin.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1