• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf's Nozomi Hosts Lost Universe Site, Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arxane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Lost Universe...this is the series that defined the phrase yashigani, correct?
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quote
It's relation to the Slayers Universe is pretty obvious, not unlike Sorcerer on the Rocks & Sorcerer Hunters. I enjoyed it, though I had to work to piece together my set.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quote
LU was the last show i collected on vhs, i've been hoping for this for ages. Finally i'll most all of slayers-lu on dvd.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:34 am Reply with quote
What's the story here? Lost Universe came out years ago.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:42 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
What's the story here? Lost Universe came out years ago.

According to this [url]animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2007-11-14/right-stuf's-nozomi-entertainment-launches-lost-universe-official-site[/url]

Anime producer and distributor Right Stuf, Inc. and Nozomi Entertainment are pleased to announce the launch of lostuniverse.rightstuf.com, the official series site celebrating the release of the Lost Universe DVD Thinpak Collection on December 4, 2007.
The series' first-ever DVD collection also marks the first time the 26-episode Lost Universe saga will be available to North American fans with unedited (and remastered) video. This collection will also include two new subtitle tracks (standard and on-screen translations), plus the previously released Japanese audio and English-language dub.

$49.99? The Slayers remastered DVD collection was only $23.99.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:05 am Reply with quote
rankothefiremage wrote:
LU was the last show i collected on vhs, i've been hoping for this for ages. Finally i'll most all of slayers-lu on dvd.

I know! It was the last VHS show for me as well- and I only managed to get the first two tapes. (so i'm think the first 6 episodes)

It seems like all of the older shows I've seen are returning to dvd. I hope I can get a few of them for xmas.

As for the price...well. I've been waiting on Super Gals 2 to go on sell on their site- when it does i'll get that. Same with this show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Senna

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:44 am Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:

$49.99? The Slayers remastered DVD collection was only $23.99.

Try $39.99, though it was on sale for $23.99 at one point. I'm sure the Lost Universe collection will go on sale sometime too. And since this is the first DVD collection of LU released, I think the higher price point makes sense; Slayers already had a more expensive collection (waaay more expensive) a while back.

I saw Lost Universe on the International Channel a few years ago, and though I think I liked it at the time, I can't remember it at all now. If this collection goes on sale cheaply enough, maybe I'll check it out again ...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1