• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga app for phone/pc

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The new number 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:30 am Reply with quote
Hello! I'm looking to get some manga to read on my phone, in order to improve my Japanese. I live in Japan and am wondering if there's a digital purchase site or app, similar to the kindle, that I can get for my phone and/or PC (I don't think it's possible to get stuff from amazon.co.jp to a kindle that's registered to the UK site, is it?) Thanks for any information you can give me!
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:41 am Reply with quote
I don't know if they have apps, but off the top of my head I know of both Comic Walker (Kadokawa) and Book Walker (Kodansha, IIRC).
animecosplayer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:55 pm Reply with quote
This is what pops-up on google, I guess you can see if it will work but it's not for free majority of these apps requires payment.

http://www.androidauthority.com/best-manga-apps-for-android-748080/
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm questioning the legality of some of those apps.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:41 pm Reply with quote
If you're in Japan you should also be able to set up a new account for amazon.co.jp, but you may need a payment card registered to a Japanese address (I have an acccount and have ordered books and discs, but it won't let me buy ebooks or music, even with vouchers).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1