• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dagashi Kashi Anime Gets 2nd Season in 2018

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to this.

I enjoyed the comedy of the first season. Looks like there's a staff change. I hope they can make this work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Magician Yang

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:45 pm Reply with quote
this is how much they changed the designs
http://i.4cdn.org/a/1501815917347.jpg
Not a particular fan of the downgrade but I still hope they do a good job adapting this manga
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Oky this is quite a surprising news because the 1st season didn't do that well and its not that type of anime that could make sells from its merchandise, unless some candy factory is supporting this anime production lol because else i dont see how its worth making more because there are plenty other selling better and more popular and still waiting for thoose sequels...
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Given the abysmal disc sales and decent-at-best manga boost, I am really surprised of this news.

But hey, more dagashi is good news for me Smile
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Satoshi Kuwabara (Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal) is directing the anime

Good luck Dagashi Kashi fans. I hope Kuwabara is on his best behavior for this like he was in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions. Then again... the creator isn't involved with this.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Tabitha Ray will return to voice Mai Waifu again?! HOORAY! I am unreasonably excited for this! Very Happy

FuniRoll, you better make sure you get this. Hotaru isn't Hotaru to me without Tabitha Ray's voice. That goes for the rest of the dub cast as well, but it's especially true for Tabitha Ray's Hotaru. I loved her performance so, so much, and without her, Dagashi Kashi S2 might as well not even exist to me. So please, make sure it exists, FuniRoll. Smile
Rob49152

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:15 am Reply with quote
I'm sure you'll find that there is a 'grand sponsor' when all the items talked about are from one company Smile
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:16 am Reply with quote
Now, that's something I didn't expect. This type of show almost never gets a sequel. Glade to hear it though, liked the dub.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:33 am Reply with quote
This is surprising but I not surprised by the studio change feel. is another one of those studios that never do sequels outside of (Da Capo).
Terrestrious

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:35 am Reply with quote
Guess now I'll get see all those great Hotaru chapters that manga readers complained about being omitted for more Saya material (I think the issue was a mixture of losing chapters with Hotaru and heightened focused on Saya but having never read it myself I don't remember). Anyway, Dagashi Kashi wasn't great or anything, and this extensive change in staff is a little bit worrying but I'm pretty much expected what we got first season, a fun quirky show filled with a lot candy & innuendos. I'm on board for more of that.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:36 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised that Dagashi Kashi is seeing Season 2 despite not having fared so well. Surprised I'm hyped to see how it plays out!
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:52 am Reply with quote
I was going to say this is neat, but I'm not enthusiastic about the staff changes, particularly in the director and writer. I mean I'm not wedded to the staff of the previous season, and a staff change could have been positive, but the new director and writer's resumes don't inspire more confidence than the first season's. I'll still watch it but I don't know that I'm going to go into it with high expectations. Hopefully they surprise me.
Morry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:25 am Reply with quote
I liked this, especially dubbed. I hope the team does a good job.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:55 am Reply with quote
And people said this wouldn't be done. Super excited about this, and I think it can survive a downgrade in animation better than a lot of anime can.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:48 am Reply with quote
Found the first season, just okay but nothing outstanding about it. Personally I found Galko-chan surprisingly good, expected that to be bad only for it to turn out good. Now that's a show I hope gets another season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3