• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
For ANN admin , please make the cover of the episode discussion the Anime visual not the ep preview

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:58 pm Reply with quote
The main reason that we can see spoilers for the Anime , If you don't fix this problem , I will stop reading news . The same thing for the news which have spoilers .
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:14 am Reply with quote
I've passed this request on to the editor in charge of that section.
Sarukah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:17 am Reply with quote
I'm bumping/seconding this request seeing as how the latest episode review for Made in Abyss uses a thumbnail which spoils a really important reveal in the series, something the series built up to and made a grand scene out of to show Neutral On the topic, was there ever a method created to turn off or hide the Ep. Review posts completely? I absolutely hate seeing them in the news feed for many reasons.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:29 pm Reply with quote
@Sarukah

On the main page directly below the banner, there is a pale blue stripe, the text in that starts with the word All. If you click on the word "News" you will see the only the news feed without the reviews and other features. Other features can be selected as you wish.

Alternatively, on the right side of that pale blue stripe is a series of five boxy icons. Clicking on those icons will change the appearance of the main page. The left most icon shuts down all graphics on the page except for the banner and ads. If you can't see the graphics you can't be spoiled by them.

It pays to experiment with the controls on the page.
Sarukah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:57 pm Reply with quote
fff, I never even noticed the All and onward buttons as my eyes always went straight to the green buttons on the very right, thanks (I had experimented plenty with those, I just didn't notice the other ones). I wouldn't set it up to where zero pictures show though, I want to see pictures for everything else. Makes processing easier and more fun.
Edit: Are your preferences for those buttons suppose to save in a cookie? I turned off my adblock for the page and upon leaving the site and returning, it just resets back to All.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Apparently it defaults back to "All" when you leave the site. However with the banner taking up most of the screen, it shouldn't be a problem to click what you want. Your settings of the buttons on the right are saved so you could set it to text when you leave the site and select graphics when you are in the right column.

It has never been an issue for me as I default to no graphics, I find that less cluttered.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1