• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How do I discuss anime on this forum ?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lone_Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Hello, everyone.

My name is Lone_Warrior, nice to meet you.

I joined this forum today, and I don't know how to discuss anime here.

If I want to discuss the One Piece anime for example, is there a discussion thread dedicated

to discussing the One Piece anime, or do I post the topic that I want to discuss

about One Piece here?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:48 pm Reply with quote
@ Lone_Warrior - welcome to ANN! We're always happy to see new posters. In terms of discussing anime, if you want to talk about a specific series, like One Piece, you should go to the Series Discussion forum that is just below this forum.

Once you are in the forum and if you are not sure if there is an already created discussion thread for the show you want to talk about, check out the ANN Series Discussion Index thread that is stickied to the top of the page. This index is kept up to date and provides links to every series that has its own discussion thread.

I've already checked for you and there is a One Piece discussion thread, but sadly it doesn't look like it gets used much. Here's the link for it:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=117617

Enjoy!
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:22 pm Reply with quote
If you're current with the Japanese premiere episodes, the weekly streaming review talkback thread might be a better option.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:21 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
If you're current with the Japanese premiere episodes, the weekly streaming review talkback thread might be a better option.

Especially for longer-running shows like One Piece, where most of the conversation on ANN is focused on recent episodes rather than broader, series-wide discussions.

At any rate, welcome to the forums!
Lone_Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ Lone_Warrior - welcome to ANN! We're always happy to see new posters. In terms of discussing anime, if you want to talk about a specific series, like One Piece, you should go to the Series Discussion forum that is just below this forum.

Once you are in the forum and if you are not sure if there is an already created discussion thread for the show you want to talk about, check out the ANN Series Discussion Index thread that is stickied to the top of the page. This index is kept up to date and provides links to every series that has its own discussion thread.

I've already checked for you and there is a One Piece discussion thread, but sadly it doesn't look like it gets used much. Here's the link for it:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=117617

Enjoy!

Thank you for the welcome.

I checked the link you gave me and it is too old to use, unfortunately.

How do I reach the One Piece forum and other anime forums ?

I couldn't find them anywhere.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:14 pm Reply with quote
@ Lone_Warrior - I just tested it and I was able to post in that thread (I deleted the post). You should be able to use it.

As for finding other forums, look at the top of this thread. You should see:

Anime News Network Forum Index->General->Anime

Click on Anime News Network Forum Index. That will give you a full listing of all the forums on this site. Series Discussion forum is right under this, the Anime forum.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1