• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Kigurumi Guardians GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:34 am Reply with quote
I agree with much the reviewer has stated. Love the art work.

Though the parents reaction to a giant living stuffed animal, living with them, requires a lot of suspension of disbelief. Or the belief that the parents are being forcibly mind controlled.
lebrel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I was endlessly amused that the result of becoming a shell is that everyone first becomes smoking hot and then starts smoldering at the protagonist. This could save a lot of work on the shell-finding front: "Did a total hottie start vamping you out of nowhere, Yes/No?", if Yes then fight! (And of course some of the hotties will be girls, because why not.) I totally predicted the end-of-volume twist just based on that.

Rebecca wrote:
Fennel and Satsuki just seem to have a very blasé attitude in general

I dunno, Fennel looks pretty smug the first time he smooches Satsuki, and he seems to like standing around with his hand on Satsuki's waist. BL tease incoming, is what I'm sayin'. (Let us gloss lightly over the fact that Satsuki is around 13.)

If it hadn't been for a reference to high-school test prep in the translators' notes, I would not have noticed that the characters were in middle school... Kodansha is probably right to downplay that bit. Although I doubt this will be quite as torrid as Missions of Love, and that one was quite up front about the characters being 14.

TarsTarkas wrote:
Though the parents reaction to a giant living stuffed animal, living with them, requires a lot of suspension of disbelief. Or the belief that the parents are being forcibly mind controlled.

It's not just the parents, everybody seems to be totally cool with a bunch of furries following these kids around.
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:35 am Reply with quote
This look fun and different. I'll have to check it out.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:55 am Reply with quote
I hope that this series continues to be covered for reviews for a few more volumes. As a massive fan of the Zakuro anime, know the creator of the original story is involved has me interested in this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1