• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NES Classic Edition Gets Restocked in 2018 With Expanded Super NES Classic Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mavado

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:43 am Reply with quote
Wonder if I'll be able to get one now...

I also wonder if the new NES classics will be modified so the 700+ games hack no longer works.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:07 am Reply with quote
Quote:
In the United States, Nintendo promised to ship more Super NES Classic Edition units on the September 29 launch day that it shipped of the original "NES Classic Edition all last year."

Everything wrong with both launches in one sentence. Also, September 29 would be a good day to bring back the NES Classic, yeah?

"Did the NES production numbers reach the demand of 2016?" No
"Will the SNES production numbers reach the demand of 2017?" No

This isn't an attempt to sell a product but rather to troll an audience. And again this year. Oh, and again next year. Is someone sore about Wii U and... Switch, really?... and next Wii U?
LaytonPuzzle27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:47 am Reply with quote
Now that Nintendo have solved the emulation issues of the Super FX chip games, I wonder will those games would might come the Switch Virtual Console or this Classic Game Selection I have been hearing about.

Last edited by LaytonPuzzle27 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:25 pm Reply with quote
If I want to play Super NES games, I already have the original console. You know you're going to have 100% compatibility with the original hardware. You know it's going to run everything and run it RIGHT. I'd only buy this if I didn't have a Super NES already, and even then I only have two games for it: Super Mario World and Secret of Mana. Everything else I've ever played for the console was either while visiting with my cousins, rentals (back when video stores were a thing), and through emulators. I didn't have a Super Nintendo when it was new as I was a Sega kid back then. I got my unit used, for free; my stepsister's boyfriend at the time couldn't get it to work where I did.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy that Nintendo decided to bring the NES Classic back to market (even if it's only a temporary moment). Smile

I still find it a shame that Americans will never have the official chance of trying out Panel de Pon... Sad
vision33r

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Both NES and SNES have been emulated on Android phones and runs fine. Not every game works but majority of them do. I can even run Mario World 64 and it's playable. Not to mention PSX games are playable too.
LaytonPuzzle27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I'm happy that Nintendo decided to bring the NES Classic back to market (even if it's only a temporary moment). Smile

I still find it a shame that Americans will never have the official chance of trying out Panel de Pon... Sad

Yeah, I would have nice to have Tetris Attack, the international version of Panel de Pon, to be included in SNES Classic Mini. Must be legal issues of using the Tetris name I guess.
utawoutau

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:
If I want to play Super NES games, I already have the original console.

I may be mistaken, but isn't the advantage of the new rerelease systems the fact that they can be played on a digital television without display issues? I have my SNES as well, but will not always have a CRT TV.
CCTakato

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:32 am Reply with quote
I just don't understand why Nintendo doesn't keep these in permanent circulation when they clearly have more in storage somewhere.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1