• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Final Fantasy XIV: Dad of Light

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:41 am Reply with quote
Hopefully, if and when Mario gets another crossover down the line, it's an RPG. In the meantime, Odyssey is looking better and better as its release date approaches.

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite: At this point, with all the bah humbugs and wonderful comments regarding the graphics and character models, I think the only reason people will be even bother with this game is because X is finally in. And since you can pair him up with Zero, you can unleash Maverick Hunter mayhem everywhere.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:43 am Reply with quote
Zero isn't a character.

Infinite is a dumpster fire from every angle but the FGC will eat it up because functions.

As for Shenmue, while part of me wants to like the games (and I never got to play II), I can't help but feel Yakuza has done just about everything Shenmue has done better with its set pieces. I can only imagine how bad some of the brawls in Yakuza would be using Shenmue's fighting engine.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Zero isn't a character.

Yes, he is a playable character. You really are not too bright there.

Last edited by belvadeer on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Northlander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I watched the Densha Otoko TV series a great number of years ago, which was also sort of a big ball of overacted cheese (but perhaps not in the same way as Dad of Light), but so help me God, I actually liked it a lot because of that.

As far as HD remakes go, I'll definitely get the Okami one if/when it arrives in Europe. I have it on the PS2, but this is such a gorgeous game even there that I can't wait to see it in full HD.
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I don't mean to spoil anything, but things sound bad for the Outsider.

Sure, when the title is "Death of the Outsider" Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1