• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryū to Odoru: Dances with the Dragons Anime Delayed to April 2018

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:22 am Reply with quote
Jeez, a sixth month delay two weeks before the premiere. They can't be in a good place. Hopefully it will be enough time to make a presentable product.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:17 am Reply with quote
One wonders how bad the delays to warrant 6 months. Why couldn't it be delayed until January?
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:09 am Reply with quote
I think if they've decided a targeted schedule, then things are still looking good. I assume there's just been a decision to change the duration from one cour to two cour.

Nevertheless, I do get the impression that this series has some ambitious plot.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:58 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
I think if they've decided a targeted schedule, then things are still looking good. I assume there's just been a decision to change the duration from one cour to two cour.

Nevertheless, I do get the impression that this series has some ambitious plot.

You're way too optimistic, this obviously a production disaster and they had to delay it for half a year because things were clearly falling apart. I had a bad feeling about this one since they only revealed the production company very late considering it was a Fall show.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:16 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
One wonders how bad the delays to warrant 6 months. Why couldn't it be delayed until January?

The first thought that comes to mind is there may have been difficulty finding a suitable open slot for January. The second thought is that the studio may have had other commitments for that time period that made it untenable.

The 6 month delay raises far less concern to me than it happening only a couple of weeks before the premiere. If I were being optimistic, I would expect that someone in charge foresaw that the way things were going the production was going to hit major delays before the season was well under way (and likely quality issues due to a rushed production schedule well before that) and made the tough call to hit the abort button.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:16 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:

You're way too optimistic, this obviously a production disaster and they had to delay it for half a year because things were clearly falling apart. I had a bad feeling about this one since they only revealed the production company very late considering it was a Fall show.

I'm not an optimist. I'm just an expert at escaping reality.
DDragonking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:35 am Reply with quote
One has to wonder now though if they're gonna replace the anime with another series or just fill the time slot with another program
Calico

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:17 am Reply with quote
Well, I did think it was weird that the new character designs weren't even colored in...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1