• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Land of the Lustrous for Anime Strike Stream

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Expected this one tbh. The manga is great, not sure how the CG will work out... Obligatory AS complaints may begin as well.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I am starting to wonder if Sentai is licencing 10 or more Fall shows. They have already announced three shows, and none of them are for the sequels of series they have licenses for: Food Wars, Umaru-chan, WUG, Classicaloid and Houzuki.

How can I hate on their partnership with Amazon when it again allows Sentai to once again licence more than 5 shows per season.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:28 pm Reply with quote
This looks so good, Crunchyroll may have a lot of the high profile shows, but with this and Inuyashiki, Strike might have better shows. The only reason I slightly prefer Crunchyroll, is that I like it's subtitles better. Better Strike than Netflix.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:29 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I am starting to wonder if Sentai is licencing 10 or more Fall shows. They have already announced three shows, and none of them are for the sequels of series they have licenses for: Food Wars, Umaru-chan, WUG, Classicaloid and Houzuki.

How can I hate on their partnership with Amazon when it again allows Sentai to once again licence more than 5 shows per season.

They won't have S3 of Food Wars unless CR(which have the master license) also give the rights to Sentai, like the way they did with Haikyuu S3.

I'm no physical media fan, but it is true that Amazon saved Sentai from a sure death caused by CR and Funi.

They'll get Umaru, Houzuki, Classicaloid for sure,Code:Realize maybe, Konohana Kitan, Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara and probably Two Car as well. Maybe they'll get Just Because, but Amazon might want that one for themselves and AS probably also took Kekkai Sensen away like they did with Bahamut and might as well add the new Garo in as well.

These are just my predictions though, no need to jump to any conclusions. We'll find out in a day or two anyway.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:31 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
What bothers me is the combination of the premium price and the 0% dub rate for Anime Strike simulcasts.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
What bothers me is the combination of the premium price and the 0% dub rate for Anime Strike simulcasts.

Sentai doesn't simuldub, some of them will get dubs, like Sword Oratoria, and Made in Abyss.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Judging from Wakanim, Anime Strike is also likely to get Infini-T Force, My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch, King's game, and Code: Realize.

Couple that with AoA titles, noitaminA and Animeism, the eventual Umaru-chan and Classicaloid announcements, that brings Anime Strike's total to 13 titles. Hopefully that's all they're getting.
Calico

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Aww, that's too bad. I was hoping that it'd stream on crunchyroll.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Another one that goes on the physical release wait list.

Mark Gosdin
Яeverse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
Judging from Wakanim, Anime Strike is also likely to get Infini-T Force, My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin *****, King's game, and Code: Realize.

Couple that with AoA titles, noitaminA and Animeism, the eventual Umaru-chan and Classicaloid announcements, that brings Anime Strike's total to 13 titles. Hopefully that's all they're getting.

Code:realize feels like a sentai show.
Rika Hue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The anime will stream on Anime Strike in the United States and on select digital outlets in other territories.

I hope the other platform Sentai uses, Hidive, will stream this in my country again. Hidive was my saving grace Summer because I could watch Princess Principal and Made in Abyss on it. I was wondering if would be worth keeping in the new season, and looks like it will, with both Girl's Last Tour and Land of the Lustrous so far (not really interested in UQ holder).
SkerllyFC07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I expected comments to go on the line of "Well, I hate CGI anime so I don't care, it can go f**k itself"
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:17 pm Reply with quote
SkerllyFC07 wrote:
I expected comments to go on the line of "Well, I hate CGI anime so I don't care, it can go f**k itself"

Orange is one of the best CGI animators in Japan. That isn't saying much, but I can actually like the CGI they make rather than be appalled by it.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:

They'll get Umaru, Houzuki, Classicaloid for sure,Code:Realize maybe, Konohana Kitan, Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara and probably Two Car as well. Maybe they'll get Just Because, but Amazon might want that one for themselves and AS probably also took Kekkai Sensen away like they did with Bahamut and might as well add the new Garo in as well.

These are just my predictions though, no need to jump to any conclusions. We'll find out in a day or two anyway.

Honestly I think CR might end getting both Just Because and Garo because Just Because is an NBCUniversal show and Garo is a TV Tokyo show.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Rika Hue wrote:

I hope the other platform Sentai uses, Hidive, will stream this in my country again. Hidive was my saving grace Summer because I could watch Princess Principal and Made in Abyss on it. I was wondering if would be worth keeping in the new season, and looks like it will, with both Girl's Last Tour and Land of the Lustrous so far (not really interested in UQ holder).

See, I would subscribe to HiDive in a heartbeat if Sentai simulcasted there in the US. But they don't, so I'm not subscribing to either HiDive (though I might when they finish subbing LotGH in February), nor am I continuing my sub to AS since I found it not to be worth it. I'd rather save my money on CR and Blurays.
It's a shame since the subs on HiDive are actually really good. Not as good as what I've seen on CR, but certainly better than Strike's subs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2