Forum - View topic
What Are You Considering Buying?

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akaname

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking at purchasing Tamako Love Story while the pre-order discount is still in effect. I've only just realized that it's a continuation of a TV series.

Could anyone tell me if viewing Tamako Market is a prerequisite for understanding and/or enjoying the movie? And, if I think the mascot/comic relief character will annoy me, would the TV series still be worth watching?
willag

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:59 am Reply with quote
YURI!!! ON ICE MERCHANDISE LIST

No, seriously, Yuri!!! on Ice merchandise needs its own list. YOI has taken over my life and beaten me into submission. I welcome my masters to walk all over me in their high heels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YURI!!! ON ICE OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE

BDs, DVDs, CDs

To Purchase

Own

Books

To Purchase

Own
  • Nothing for now

Figures, Dolls, and Plushes

To Purchase

Own

Wall Art, Calendars

To Purchase
  • Nothing at this time

Own

YURI!!! ON ICE FAN-MADE MERCHANDISE

Clothing

To Purchase

Own
  • Nothing at this time

Doujinshi

To Purchase

Own

Fanzines and Fanbooks

To Purchase

Own

Misc Merchandise

To Purchase

Own

Posters, Prints, Calendars, Stickers

To Purchase

Own

Standees, Charms, Keychains

To Purchase

Own
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
willag

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:59 am Reply with quote
ANIME LIST

2017 Priority Purchases List wrote:
Nada right now.

ANIME PURCHASES LIST:

Notes: (Pre-orders) (Purchased) (Lower purchase priority) (Stream / rent) (Sold / gave away)

------

Anime Eigo

(Yawara!)
(Kimagure Orange Road)

------

Aniplex of America

1. Mushi-Shi -Next Passage- (3/22/14 license)

(Baccano! (BD), Kill la Kill (LE BD), Madoka Magica the Movie (CE Import BD), Madoka Magica the Movie Rebellion (CE Import BD), Puella Magi Madoka Magica (LE BD))
(Gurren Lagann (BD), Kara no Kyoukai, Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal)
(Mekakucity Actors, Nanana's Buried Treasure, Samurai Flamenco, Your Lie in April)

------

Bandai Entertainment

(Banner of the Stars, Banner of the Stars II, The Big O, The Big O II, Crest of the Stars, Fantastic Children, Flag, Gurren Lagann, Infinite Ryvius, Outlaw Star, Planetes, Scrapped Princess)
(Argento Soma, Hayate the Combat Butler, Junkers Come Here, My-Hime, My-Otome, Silent Mobius, Toward the Terra)
(Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time)

------

Bandai Visual USA

(Patlabor: The Movie, Patlabor 2: The Movie)
(Gunbuster, Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise)

------

Buena Vista (Disney)

(Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind (BD), Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Whisper of the Heart (BD), Whisper of the Heart)

------

Central Park Media (U.S. Manga Corps branch)

(Grave of the Fireflies, Now and Then Here and There, Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, They Were 11)
(Garzey's Wing, Votoms)

------

Discotek Media (Eastern Star)

1. Adieu Galaxy Express 999
  2. Night on the Galactic Railroad

(Bokurano, Cardcaptor Sakura movie (BD), Descendants of Darkness, Earl and Fairy, Galaxy Express 999, Kyousougiga (BD), Library War, Love Com, Magic Knights Rayearth (BD))
(Demon City Shinjuku, DNAngel, FREE! Season 1, GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka, Iria: Zeiram the Animation, Lupin the 3rd, Mad Bull 34, Requiem from the Darkness, Ronin Warriors, Samurai Pizza Cats, Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo, Sea Prince and the Fire Child, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust)

------

FUNimation

1. Maria the Virgin Witch (BD)
  2. Scrapped Princess (BD)
  3. Wolf Children (BD)
  4. Summer Wars (BD)
  5. Selector Infected WIXOSS (BD)

(Attack on Titan (LE BD), Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Blood Blockade Battlefront (LE BD), Death Parade (LE BD), Eden of the East (BD), Escaflowne (CE BD), FREE! -Eternal Summer- (PE BD), Fruits Basket, Fullmetal Alchemist (CE BD), Full Metal Panic! TSR (BD), The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (CE BD), Haibane Renmei, Kaleido Star, Kamisama Kiss (PE BD), Lupin III: Fujiko Mine (LE BD), Nobunagun (BD), Noein (LE BD), Noragami (LE BD), Oh! Edo Rocket, Ping Pong (BD), Princess Jellyfish (BD), Psycho-Pass (PE BD), Shiki (LE BD), Slayers, Spice & Wolf (LE BD), Soul Eater (BD), Soul Eater (PE BD), Steins;Gate (LE BD), Summer Wars (BD), Yona of the Dawn (BD), Yuri Kuma Arashi (BD))
(Black Lagoon (BD), Ghost in the Shell: Arise (BD), Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU (BD), Kaleido Star: New Wings, Steins;Gate movie, X TV Series)
(Appleseed XIII, B Gata H Kei, Basilisk, Barakamon, [C] - Control, Chrono Crusade, Claymore, Darker Than Black, Desert Punk, Eden of the East movies, El Cazador de la Bruja, FLCL, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, GARO, Gungrave, Hellsing, Hellsing Ultimate, Inari Kon Kon, Kurau: Phantom Memory, Michiko and Hatchin, Nabari no Ou, Noir, One Piece, Ouran High School Host Club, Space Dandy, Terror in Resonance, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho)
(Baccano!, Full Metal Alchemist, Heroic Age (BD), Origin: Spirits of the Past)

------

FUNimation/Geneon USA Agreement

(Black Lagoon, Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha, Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha A's, Story of Saiunkoku, When They Cry)

------

Geneon USA (formerly Pioneer Entertainment)

(3x3 Eyes, Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card, Paranoia Agent)
(Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales, Koi Kaze, Requiem from the Darkness, Rumiko Takahashi: Anthology, Zipang)
(Last Exile)

------

GKIDS

1. Spirited Away (BD)
  2. When Marnie Was There (BD)
  3. Princess Kaguya (BD)
  4. Castle in the Sky (BD)
  5. Kiki's Deliver Service (BD)
  6. Ocean Waves (BD)
  7. Miss Hokusai (BD)

(Only Yesterday)

------

Manga Entertainment

(Dante's Inferno, Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG, Rayearth, Redline (BD))
(Dead Leaves)
(Noein)

------

Media Blasters

1. YamiBou
  2. Ai no Kusabi

(Figure 17, GaoGaiGar, Gokusen, Kashimashi, Magic Knight Rayearth S1, Magic Knight Rayearth S2, Moribito, Otogi Zoshi, Rurouni Kenshin, Shinesman, Simoun, Strawberry Panic, Tekkaman Blade, The Twelve Kingdoms)
(Blade of the Immortal, Fushigi Yugi, Giant Robo, Moribito (BD), Phoenix, Squid Girl, Twelve Kingdoms (BD))
(Tweeny Witches)

------

New Video Group

(Mononoke, Patema Inverted (BD), RWBY Vol. 1 (BD), RWBY Vol 2. (BD))

------

NISA

1. Toradora! (BD)

(Cardcaptor Sakura (BD), The Eccentric Family (BD), House of Five Leaves, Natsume Yuujinchou S1 & S2, Natsume Yuujinchou S3 (BD), Natsume Yuujinchou S4 (BD), Zakuro)
(Nagi-Asu)
(Anohana (BD), Bunny Drop (BD), Katanagatari (BD), Kimi ni Todoke S1 (Part 1) (BD))

------

The Right Stuf International

Nozomi Entertainment

(Aria S1, Boogiepop Phantom, His and Her Circumstances, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Emma: A Victorian Romance 2nd Act, Revolutionary Girl Utena (LE), The Rose of Versailles (LE), The Third)
(Aria, Dirty Pair, Maria Watches Over Us, Piano, Tyler, Utena (BD))
(Sound of the Sky)
(Martian Successor Nadesico, Shingu)

Lucky Penny

1. Tamayura - Hitotose
  2. Umi Monogatari

(Sweet Blue Flowers)
(Hyakko, Magic User's Club)

------

Section 23 / Sentai Filmworks (Previously A.D. Vision)

ADV Films

(Full Metal Panic!)

Maiden Japan

1. Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1/1988)

(Den-noh Coil)
(New Dominion Tank Police, Patlabor TV series, Vampire Princess Miyu)

Section 23

(Blue Seed, Five Star Stories, Ghost Stories, Kino's Journey)
(Nadia)
(Neon Genesis Evangelion, RahXephon)
(Angelic Layer, Le Chevalier de Eon, Petite Princess Yucie)

Sentai Filmworks

1. Gatchaman Crowds Insight (BD)
  2. When They Cry: Season 1 (BD)
  3. When They Cry - Kai: Season 2 (BD)
  4. Chaika -The Coffin Princess- Avenging Battle (BD)
  5. From the New World (BD)
  6. Legend of the Galactic Heroes (7/2/15 license)

(Angelic Layer, Another (BD), Aura (BD), Beyond the Boundary (CE BD), Bodacious Space Pirates (BD), Chaika -The Coffin Princess- (BD), Chihayafuru Season 1 (PE BD), Colorful (BD), Destiny of the Shrine Maiden, Garden of Words (BD), Gatchaman Crowds (BD), Ghost Hound (BD), Glass Mask, Mardock Scramble Trilogy (BD), Orphen, Penguin Drum (BD), Shigofumi, Shirobako (BD0, Tari Tari (BD), The World Is Still Beautiful (BD), tsuritama (BD))
(Bodacious Space Pirates movie, Girls und Panzer, Kids on the Slope, Le Portrait de Petit Cossette, Pet Shop of Horrors, Yamishibai)
(AKB0048, Book of Bantorra, Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth, Hidamari Sketch, Kokoro Connect, Living for the Day After Tomorrow, Mysterious Girlfriend X, One Week Friends, Sakura Trick, Space Brothers, You're Under Arrest)
(Mardock Scramble: 1st Compression (BD), Penguin Drum (Part 1) (BD), Taisho Baseball Girls, TariTari, Utakata)

------

[AU] Siren Visual

1. Monster

(Chihayafuru S1, Chihayafuru S2, Dennou Coil, Genius Party, Kaiba, Mononoke, Tatami Galaxy)
(Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, Welcome to Irabu's Office)

------

VIZ Media

1. Sailor Moon S
  2. Sailor Moon Stars
  3. Sailor Moon SS
  4. Tiger and Bunny

(Sailor Moon (BD), Sailor Moon R (BD))
(Honey and Clover, Monster, NANA)

------

Voyager Entertainment

Star Blazers 2199

------

Anime Sols

(Dear Brother set 1, Dear Brother set 2, Dear Brother set 3)

------

Kickstarter

(YOI Arcana!!! on Ice Tarot Deck)
(Anime News Nina book, Kick Heart, Skip Beat!, Time of Eve: The Movie, Town of Salem game (1st & 2nd Kickstarter), Under the Dog, Wakfu)

MOST WANTED LICENSE WISH LIST:

Notes: (No English language physical release) (English language physical release but no R1/A release) (R1/A license expired / OOP / incomplete / new format)

Format: Rank #. "Series Name" [ANN ID #]

1. The Tatami Galaxy [11200]
  2. Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card [2026] (Bluray release)
  3. Brave King GaoGaiGar FINAL [2066]
  4. Cross Game [10580]
  5. The Story of Saiunkoku Second Series [7868]
  6. Nodame Cantabile [7010]
  7. The Beast Player Erin [10291]
  8. Monster [3750] (Complete release)
  9. Yawara! [1325] (Complete release)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
willag

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:00 am Reply with quote
MANGA LIST

2017 Priority List wrote:
  • The Palette of 12 Secret Colors (v. 2-6) -- CMX
  • Planetes Omnibus (v. 2) -- Dark Horse
  • Princess Jellyfish (v. 6+) -- Kodansha
  • Sweet Blue Flowers (v. 2+) - Viz
  • Yona of the Dawn (v. 7+) -- Viz

MANGA PURCHASES LIST:

Notes: (Pre-orders) (Purchased) (Lower purchase priority) (Legal scans / library) (Sold / gave away) BOLD (Digital)

ADV Manga

(Chrono Crusade)

------

CMX

1. The Palette of 12 Secret Colors (v. 2-6)
  2. Cipher (v. 1-2, 4-7, 9-11)

(Cipher (v. 3, 8), Emma, The Palette of 12 Secret Colors (v. 1))
(Astral Project, Madara, Moon Child, Musashi No. 9, The Name of the Flower, The Recipe for Gertrude, Tower of the Future, Two Flowers for the Dragon)

------

Dark Horse

1. Planetes Omnibus (v. 2)
  2. Appleseed (v. 2-4)

(3x3 Eyes (v. 3-8), Appleseed (v. 1), Blood Blockade Battlefront (v. 1-7), Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus, Clover Omnibus, Eden: It's an Endless World (v. 1-14), Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service (v. 1-13), Magic Knight Rayearth Omnibus, Planetes Omnibus (v. 1), Translucent)
(Hellsing, MPD Psycho)
(Blood+, Chobits)

------

Del Ray

(ES Eternal Sabbath, Moyasimon, Mushi-shi, Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei)
(Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle (v. 1-3), xxxHolic (v. 1-3))

------

Digital Manga Publishing

(Flower of Life)

------

DRAWN & QUARTERLY

(Onward Toward Our Noble Deaths, Push Man & Other Stories, Red Snow, A Single Match)

------

FANTAGRAPHICS

1. Nijigahara Photograph
  2. A Drunken Dream and Other Short Stories

(Heart of Thomas)
(Wandering Son)

------

FIRST SECOND

(Color of Earth)

------

Go Comi

(After School Nightmare, Her Majesty's Dog)

------

Kodansha

1. Princess Jellyfish (v. 6+)

(Codename: Sailor V, No. 6, Parasyte, Princess Jellyfish (v. 1-5), Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon: Short Stories, A Silent Voice)
(Attack on Titan)
(Cage of Eden, Mardock Scramble)
(Attack on Titan (v. 1), Sailor Moon (v. 1-2), Vinland Saga (v. 1))

------

ONE PEACE

1. Breathe Deeply
  2. Ten Ken

(Whispered Words)

------

PICTUREBOX

(Garden)

------

Seven Seas

1. Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer Omnibus (v. 3-5)

(Gakuen Polizi, Girl Friends Omnibus, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer Omnibus (v. 1-2), orange Omnibus)
(Bodacious Space Pirates, Citrus, Kashimashi, Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossoms, Laddertop, Toradora!, Voiceful)

------

TokyoPop

1. Immortal Rain (v. 4, 7, 8)
  2. Mars (v. 13-15)
  3. Tramps Like Us
  4. Twelve Kingdoms Novel (v. 2-4)

(FAKE, Fruits Basket, Immortal Rain (v. 1-3, 5, 6), Magic Knight Rayearth, Mars (v. 1-12), Mugen Spiral, NG Life, Twelve Kingdoms Novel (v. 1))
(Dragon Knights, Kare Kano)
(Banner of the Stars, Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Crest of the Stars, Dragon Knights (v. 5), Girl Got Game (v. 1-5), Gorgeous Carat (v. 1), Kindaichi Case Files (v. 1-5), Paradise Kiss (v. 1-5), Marmalade Boy (v. 5-8))

------

TOP SHELF

(AX: A Collection of Alternative Manga 1)

------

Udon Entertainment

1. Rose of Versailles (7/11/15 license, due Q2 2016)

(Kill la Kill, Steins;Gate)

------

Vertical

1. What Did You Eat Yesterday? (v. 8+)

(7 Billion Needles, In Clothes Called Fat, Sakuran, Twin Spica, What Did You Eat Yesterday? (v. 1-7))
(Chi's Sweet Home, Helter Skelter, No Longer Human, Paradise Kiss, Velveteen & Mandala)
(Apollo's Song, Dororo, The Drops of God, Lychee Light Club, Message to Adolf, MW, To Terra)
(Limit, The Flowers of Evil (v. 1))

------

VIZ

1. Yona of the Dawn (7+)
  2. Sweet Blue Flowers (2+)
  3. Afterschool Charisma (v. 8+)
  4. Banana Fish (v. 1-9, 11, 12, 14)

1. Otomen
  2. Demon Prince of Momochi House
  3. Kamisama Kiss
  4. Earl and the Fairy
  5. All You Need Is Kill
  6. We Were There
  7. My Love Story
  8. Dorohedoro

(20th Century Boys, 21st Century Boys, A, A', Afterschool Charisma (v. 1-7), All My Darling Daughters, Banana Fish (v. 10, 13, 15-19), Basara, Chicago, Cross Game Omnibus, From Far Away, Kamisama Kiss (v. 8-10), Library Wars, Love Com, Monster, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Omnibus LE, Please Save My Earth, Story of Saiunkoku, Uzumaki Omnibus, Yona of the Dawn (v. 1-6))
(Battle Royale, Fushigi Yugi: Genbu Kaiden, House of Five Leaves, Kingyo Used Books, Maison Ikkoku, Oyasumi Pun-Pun, Rurouni Kenshin, Skip Beat!, Solanin, Video Girl Ai)
(Bokurano: Ours, Pluto, Saturn Apartments)
(Descendants of Darkness (v. 1-4, 6-8, 10), Dorohedoro (v. 1-3), Fushigi Yugi (v. 1-8), Kaze Hikaru (v. 1-3, 5), Maison Ikkoku (v. 10, 12-15), Ranma 1/2 (v. 1-9, 12-14), Uzumaki (v. 1))

------

Yen Press

1. A Bride's Story (v. 3, 5+)
  2. With the Light (v. 7-8)
  3. Kaoru Mori: Anything and Something
  4. Baccano! LN
  5. Spice and Wolf LN (v. 4+)

(A Bride's Story (v. 1, 2, 4), Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Soul Eater, Spice and Wolf Novel (v. 1-3), With the Light (v. 1-6))
(Higurashi: When They Cry, Maximum Ride, Romeo x Juliet, Spiral)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 129 of 129