Magical Circle Guru-Guru (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:50 pm Reply with quote

Magical Circle Guru-Guru (TV)

Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Magic, Fantasy, Shounen
Themes:

Plot Summary: Mahōjin Guru Guru is a light-hearted show aimed at older children, although it contains occasional toilet gags and some innuendo that might startle western parents.

Mahōjin Guru Guru is a parody of early Role Playing Games, particularly turn based games such as the Final Fantasy games. The narrator speaks in place of the dialog in such games and this is one of the comedy elements of the show. Often RPG-style information boxes are displayed on screen along with accompanying narration in the traditional RPG style. The overall goal of the main characters, Nike and Kukuri, is to defeat Giri, the ruler of the darkness. Since the anime is based on a RPG, several side quests need to be completed before they are able to locate him.
----------------------------------

Episode 1:

I haven't seen the original Mahoujin Guru Guru before but this was fun.

The RPG style art and the storytelling looks really entertaining. The visual quality looks like older animation but I think works fine for this show. Nike is a fun character introduced so far imo. Somewhat hotblooded but entertaining to watch.

I find the comedy to be amusing in this first episode as well. Definitely a keeper for now. Kukuri is also so adorable and I like both the main leads already.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Seems that it does benefit that by so many jokes, that some of them are going to be a hit to you. My favourite of the first episode was when they were given 800 rin for equipment, where Kukuri then equipped the coins by putting them on her face.
DuskyPredator
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

It really kind of feels like it is hitting a stride with some of its jokes, that many of them hit in spite of there also being quite child focused jokes too, like all the fart jokes. The dog reveal probably got me more than it should have, it was pretty funny when I think it was that Kukuri was saying that it was the last straw. And that the letter had bad handwriting because of course it was written by a dog. And I think also in how they have an instant response to hit something that is pretty creepy, like when she hit that weird teddy bear thing. Or in how Kukuri was so against having her hair cut, she did look a little cute afterwards, but I also was thinking she looked like Gohan. I quite like Kukuri's character. Or how Nike was being scammed, because apparently all it takes is boobs. Which reminds me how I found it really funny in the earlier episode he could not remember her face.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:42 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

It is not fair to have the one scene where Nike gathers his courage in fighting the axe wielding opponent who keep throwing the axe by himself throwing it off the mountain, and then have Kukuri ask for her clothes back and the fairies to bring the old man's. That had me laughing so much I started coughing.

Or in general how the old man was used in this episode of the fairy village, where the fairies all clearly hate him. And other examples I think that I like of Kukuri being unreasonable.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 13

I can't believe it took them this long to make fun of the fact that heroes in RPGs are thieves with the weird habit of looking through everyone's things. Which worked great with how we found out earlier that Nike's class is apparently thief.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1