• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation to Stream My Hero Academia Season 3

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully it gets a same day dub once again! I trust in BONES. They gave the best treatment to one of the best series.
Rika Hue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Funimation voice: GIMME GIMME GIMME!!

They sure were on top of things here.

If Funiroll continues to be a thing CR will stream the sub, which will make me happy. I think Funi and CR has done great PR work for MHA, and hopefully the good relationship with the Japanese companies will continue!
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:16 pm Reply with quote
LOL. Calm down FUNi lets finish S2 first!
anddo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Wow this really comes as a surpris e.?
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:36 pm Reply with quote
"The new season will cover the forest school trip arc from Kōhei Horikoshi's original manga."

Sounds like it will be only 12 epis and probably wont cover the Rescue Arc, which will make me very angry ;/
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

It finished like a week ago.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

It finished like a week ago.

Not the dub, which is what FUNimation has.
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:09 pm Reply with quote
TichoSlicer wrote:
"The new season will cover the forest school trip arc from Kōhei Horikoshi's original manga."

Sounds like it will be only 12 epis and probably wont cover the Rescue Arc, which will make me very angry ;/

I just want to point out to you that they also said S2 would cover the Sports Festival Arc, and made no mention of any arcs after so.....
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:26 pm Reply with quote
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
TichoSlicer wrote:

I just want to point out to you that they also said S2 would cover the Sports Festival Arc, and made no mention of any arcs after so.....

hum, i didn't know that, ty for the info.. '--'
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:58 pm Reply with quote
TichoSlicer wrote:
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
TichoSlicer wrote:

I knew that info and I'm still worried. Just want some confirmation in my life. Pls cover the rescue arc as well!!
ickybott555

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I feel like Funimation took this deal right now instead of later just in case Amazon might do a sneak attack and snatch it for Anime Strike. And profits, don't forget the profits.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:15 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
TichoSlicer wrote:
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
TichoSlicer wrote:

I knew that info and I'm still worried. Just want some confirmation in my life. Pls cover the rescue arc as well!!

Honestly even if it was just a single cour they have to cover both the trip and the rescue. Its only like 3 and a 1/2 manga long. The forest trip itself is like ~10-12 chapters.

Edit: I just checked and both arcs are 14 chapters. That means 28 chapter long. At 2 chap/ep that's 14.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:33 pm Reply with quote
ickybott555 wrote:
I feel like Funimation took this deal right now instead of later just in case Amazon might do a sneak attack and snatch it for Anime Strike. And profits, don't forget the profits.

I assume that when Funimation licensed season one the contract had a clause to add future seasons. Last year there was a rumor that Funimation paid one million dollars for a show; it was probably My Hero Academia. Still, confirmation of rights for season 3 is a smart move by Funimation.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:37 am Reply with quote
TichoSlicer wrote:

not really. the manga is still in the school trip arc. so if their doing season three now, it will only cover that arc and we'll probably have to wait for season 4 for the rescue arc and the raid arc.

and while this stream was no surprise it would have done the series wonders if they had been able to at least get season 1 & 2 to adult swim. I mean if they can get Tokyo ghoul to AS, one would wonder if they can also do the same for this series as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:38 am Reply with quote
Great news getting it confirmed ASAP Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2