• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hollywood Ghost in the Shell home video info. (Update)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:05 am Reply with quote
July 25, according to Amazon. Get it on DVD, BD, 3-D, and/or 4K. I hear it looked real pretty on the best set-ups, too. So if you currently got the latest overpriced, top-of-the-line, off-the-hook media players, you might finally have a valid reason to justify your purchase. Cool

Edit: Read my post below the next one.

Last edited by GATSU on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:46 am Reply with quote
And so, in the time that has elapsed since Your Name was first screened, a live-action anime adaptation may be released in theatres, appear on home video and ultimately fall into oblivion. A minor frustration, but a notable one nevertheless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Looks like the 4K listing on Amazon got removed, as it's getting a limited steelbook edition exclusively through Best Buy. There is also an exclusive steelbook edition of the blu-ray.

Edit: BTW, if you purchase a digital copy of the film on Amazon Video, you get a free digital copy of the GITS 1.5 manga from Comixology.

Edit 2: The official Twitter account notes that you can get a free HD copy of the Charlize Aeon Flux on VUDU if you get the combo back at Wal-Mart.

Edit 3: Actually, if you're a completist, there's at least three different editions of the film, not counting the upcoming Japanese version with the Japanese dub track.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:25 am Reply with quote
BTW, if you're obsessed with specs, The Digital Bits just posted an in-depth review on the actual presentation of the film on 4K UHD.

Edit: Just saw a 3 for $50 UHD deal at Amazon. Good 'til Nov. 30.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1