• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross/Aquarion's Kawamori Unveils Spring TV Anime Jūshinki Pandora

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Checking out the key visuals and seeing the trailer, I think I agree how the staff doesn't really inspire confidence. I don't know guys.

I was pretty okay with Aquarion Logos and M3. Yet, what they've shown so far doesn't really seem original. I actually think it sorta lacks vision. I just hope the characters are at least interesting. I kinda like the title too, so the story development might be okay.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:10 am Reply with quote
What I am going to do, it pray the Director channels his episode director time on Next instead of some of his turds. But Next came off quality material and was decades ago. Others sited lack of vision, and there does seem to be a lack of anything deeper. Bad aliens and a robot to fight them. This 'pact' idea I don't think will carry that far.

However! I will focus entirely on enjoying Nao Toyama's character purring out every line and making funny faces. Its a Kawamori show, which can be hit or miss entirely. So I have my hook to get me through a rough start, after that I hope the show finds legs. I'm a good fan of how Kawamori has the freedom to assemble teams to make anything he wants, so I'm more than willing to stick with the show even if its just average.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:35 am Reply with quote
fantaselion wrote:
Ajc228 wrote:
The generic anime premise and aesthetic underwhelmed me. Also, I do not love the awkward CG integration. I get that it’s difficult to find people to animate 2d mechanics but the 3d is just so jarring.

I completly disagree with you. I think this 3D is good 3D.

It's not bad but it sticks out like a sore thumb. We've had some series do really good integration of 3D CG and traditional such as Fafner Exodus and MJP so I don't know why it still so hard for series with big names attached to them to struggle with doing this.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:02 am Reply with quote
A smart move would be to have Crunchyroll pick this up and a bad move would be to have Amazon Prime or Netflix pick this show up. However, given that the latter 2 companies have a lot more money, I think the Japanese rights holders will lean towards the bad move.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:12 am Reply with quote
Amiantos wrote:
fantaselion wrote:
Ajc228 wrote:
The generic anime premise and aesthetic underwhelmed me. Also, I do not love the awkward CG integration. I get that it’s difficult to find people to animate 2d mechanics but the 3d is just so jarring.

It's not bad but it sticks out like a sore thumb. We've had some series do really good integration of 3D CG and traditional such as Fafner Exodus and MJP so I don't know why it still so hard for series with big names attached to them to struggle with doing this.

When 3D is really detailed, its kinda harder to do that than it is with less detailed 3D.
Ajc228

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:41 pm Reply with quote
fantaselion wrote:
Ajc228 wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion but I think Macross Zero and the more recent Gundam the Origin are examples of what I consider to be less jarring attempts at integrating CG. I assume both of those OAVs had a larger budget and more time but I stand by my original assertion.
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, the music sounded nice. Bot feeling very interested otherwise, but I might check it out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2