• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Greg Ayres and Brina Palencia, pt.2

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chronium

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:10 am Reply with quote
Great interview, any chance I can get get a copy of part 1 interview for beckfansite.com archives I'm cheap Rolling Eyes and do not have access to a scanner
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:14 am Reply with quote
chronium wrote:
Great interview, any chance I can get get a copy of part 1 interview for beckfansite.com archives I'm cheap Rolling Eyes and do not have access to a scanner

What? No. Also, for future reference, never follow up a request with, "I'm too cheap to buy your magazine. Rolling Eyes Please give me this for free, so that I may better my own website, which isn't worth a personal investment of $4." Rolling Eyes
Aki Ameko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:56 am Reply with quote
Great interview. Very Happy I love how I've heard Greg so much that I can imagine his answers in his voice. X3 I really need to see this... Mostly cause I love Greg, and if he loves the show that much, then it must be good. :3

And Greg singing one of those Beck songs live at AnimeIowa = AWESOME. Wink
chronium

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:04 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
chronium wrote:

What? No. Also, for future reference, never follow up a request with, "I'm too cheap to buy your magazine. Rolling Eyes Please give me this for free, so that I may better my own website, which isn't worth a personal investment of $4." Rolling Eyes

I figured the roll eyes was enough to say I was joking around but since a scanner is a $50-$100 investment and i have a budget of $0 and no income that would severly dent what little income i personally have for something that i would most likely only use once every few years.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quote
chronium wrote:
SakechanBD wrote:
chronium wrote:

I figured the roll eyes was enough to say I was joking around but since a scanner is a $50-$100 investment and i have a budget of $0 and no income that would severly dent what little income i personally have for something that i would most likely only use once every few years.

The old school, dedicated way, would be to just re-type it. Or, you could go to a public library and use one of their scanners. The possibilities are endless, and if there's a will, there's a way. Though of course that means you need to have a will.
miji

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quote
This is my favorite show that is being released atm. I LOVE it. Thanks for the interview, it was a great read Very Happy !
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quote
chronium wrote:

Sorry, but I don't want either part of this article online at a site other than ANN anytime in the near future.

On rare cases we allow sites like yours to put it online, but not within the first couple months of us publishing it. Ask us again in 6 months or so.

-t
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:19 am Reply with quote
Great interview; made even better for me because it was about BECK.
boxer11789

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quote
Hey, I watched the whole series and I got the OST for this series and I just really want the English Soundtrack, not the Engrish soundtrack. I love Beat Crusaders but when I heard the songs in English I absolutely loved them. Greg and Brina's voices are absolutely amazing in all of the songs. Is there anyway that I can get a cd or something of them singing these songs?
abominaSion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:31 am Reply with quote
boxer11789 wrote:
Hey, I watched the whole series and I got the OST for this series and I just really want the English Soundtrack, not the Engrish soundtrack. I love Beat Crusaders but when I heard the songs in English I absolutely loved them. Greg and Brina's voices are absolutely amazing in all of the songs. Is there anyway that I can get a cd or something of them singing these songs?

Yes and no Smile > Sad Because of copyright enfringements. They could do something, but I doubt they will.
boxer11789

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking it would be awesome if they did that, but I figured that if they did, they wouldn't be able to get any profit off of it because it is done by Beat Crusaders. But man, why do Japanese bands have to have such good music!? More English and American bands need to have that kind of style, instead of the crap thats out in America now a days.
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quote
boxer11789 wrote:
I was thinking it would be awesome if they did that, but I figured that if they did, they wouldn't be able to get any profit off of it because it is done by Beat Crusaders. But man, why do Japanese bands have to have such good music!? More English and American bands need to have that kind of style, instead of the crap thats out in America now a days.

Honestly, you need to get out more. There's plenty of good American bands; it's just a matter of finding them.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quote
abominaSion wrote:
boxer11789 wrote:

Yes and no Smile > Sad Because of copyright enfringements. They could do something, but I doubt they will.

It's a matter of money in the end. And they don't have it. Sorry but anime companies do not roll in the dough. And the amount required to get the rights is way too expensive for a simple cd sountrack for an anime company unfortunately. Especially given the current climate.
alberio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:53 pm Reply with quote
good interview but i have one problem
they didn't approach the problem of them cutting out "I've got a feeling" my favorite solo scene in the entire series
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:09 am Reply with quote
alberio wrote:
good interview but i have one problem
they didn't approach the problem of them cutting out "I've got a feeling" my favorite solo scene in the entire series

what???

BECK is one of my favorite series. I bought the BECK wristband that Brina is wearing in the picture at FYE last month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2