• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto is Yahoo's 4th Most Popular Search Term in 2007

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quote
thats a good sign that anime is moving up in the world a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Hahahahaha Freaking Naruto Groupies.

I have a friend who recently said "another guy friend of ours is on the top of my black book now! I hate him." I asked "WHY!?!" His reply was, "Because he said he doesn't like Naruto anymore Mad " Anime hyper I was dying.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:00 pm Reply with quote
How many times was it paired with "hentai", "doujinshi", "download", or some varient thereof?

~_^
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Not but a few years ago, wasn't "Dragon Ball Z" one of the top two most searched terms?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
Not but a few years ago, wasn't "Dragon Ball Z" one of the top two most searched terms?

Heh, actually, I was just thinking that myself! Laughing While it's nice to see it successful and all, it really is this sort of thing that almost borderlines on "fad" than anything else.
domino

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quote
What's more surprising to me is that some people still use Yahoo for searches. Embarassed

In any case, while I guess it's a good thing that anime is getting more popular, but Naruto's popularity to me has been kind of annoying. Getting sick of running into young teenagers every day squealing about Sasuke, wearing headbands, and trying to scar themselves to look like Kakashi (I wish I was kidding about the last one).
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:47 pm Reply with quote
domino wrote:
What's more surprising to me is that some people still use Yahoo for searches. Embarassed

Do people still use MSN Live Search? If they do, then I'll cry. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:20 am Reply with quote
How come everybody's always "calling" 2007 a month before it's even over? What if Paris releases another sex tape or something between now and Jan 1, and suddenly has twice as many searches as she does now.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:26 am Reply with quote
Narutards, Gaia Online, dowloands, scans, dojinshi, just to name a few. I know that it has this cult following to it, but I don't think I've seen too many members here who are just nerds when it comes to Naruto here. Just the casual watchers and readers.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Narutards, Gaia Online, dowloands, scans, dojinshi, just to name a few. I know that it has this cult following to it, but I don't think I've seen too many members here who are just nerds when it comes to Naruto here. Just the casual watchers and readers.

Hey, what about me? I'm one of 'em! Wink

Nah, I'm kidding, really. I'd say I'm definitely more than just a casual fan, but at the same time not to the really, really bad extreme most Naruto fans are known to be.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I think he forgot about us, BE (and the thread not quite as large as the Fruits Basket one under in the Manga forum). But it's true... my old anime club is now the essence of this jazz: "Narutards" (which is a word I don't like to use), Gaia Online, etc.

Anime fans' best friends and worst enemies are other anime fans, while for Naruto fans... we just have enemies. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Aromatic Grass on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
thats a good sign that anime is moving up in the world a bit.

We'll just have to wait until 2008 and 2009's results are announced then for confirmation, heh. Although I agree anime is becoming more common on the Internet nowadays as opposed to the past.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1