• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter X Hunter Manga Put on Hold in Japan Again

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PonSquared

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:33 am Reply with quote
Oh god. Again? I wish HxH would end or the rights for it would go to someone who could work on it a bit more than one chapter every never. Confused
barbapapa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:37 am Reply with quote
Any other writer would make HxH fail horribly.
It's only exactly because Togashi is such a flake that HxH stands out so much.

Let him have all the time he wants. At least when he DOES draw 1 volume's worth, it's 10 times as better as 10 volumes of say, Bleach.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:38 am Reply with quote
Were not going to start a new Bleach VS Hunter flamewar, are we?
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:29 am Reply with quote
I think he's depressed or something. He just got back, and to leave again so soon?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LightYagami

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:41 am Reply with quote
I honestly wish that Yoshihiro Togashi would come out and explain the reason for these hiatus's/infrequent release schedules. I hope that he is not ill or anything similar to that.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:00 am Reply with quote
Maybe had just has a severe case of writters block
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quote
He might be big in Japan, but I doubt even Shueisha's editors could have that much patience with him, especially since he's only had one other hit series. I don't even like HXH, but I feel sorry for his fans getting screwed over by an inevitable cancellation.
W-General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what RPGs Togashi is playing now.

I am gonna guess it's Lost Odyssey. Which just came out on Dec 5. He must've gotten his hands on an xbox 360 Very Happy

(Previous Hunter X Hunter hiatus usually coincides with big-name RPG releases...e.g. FF12, Dragon Quest 8)
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quote
W-General wrote:

I am gonna guess it's Lost Odyssey. Which just came out on Dec 5. He must've gotten his hands on an xbox 360 Very Happy

(Previous Hunter X Hunter hiatus usually coincides with big-name RPG releases...e.g. FF12, Dragon Quest 8)

Well, Dragon Quest IV came out for the DS recently.

And a lot of people are saying that the last hiatus was because of Dragon Quest VIII...
barbapapa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

Don't misunderstand, I actually used to like Bleach.
But the fact that there's just so little content in every volume has become very painful to watch.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

Hey, I thought it was always Hunter X Hunter and Naruto. Rolling Eyes

Well, I gotta say, I really feel sorry for this series and for it's fans. From what I've seen it's really a great series, one deserving of much better treatment than this. Now I don't know if the statement about Togashi playing RPGs is true or not, but if it is, it's a darn shame that such a good series has to come out of the mind of someone as lackluster and lazy as him. Evil or Very Mad

I honestly can't believe some people think Masashi Kishimoto is an uninspired artist when he puts all his time, effort and passion into creating his series while a lazy butt like Yoshihiro Togashi spends his days on playing video games. Rolling Eyes

NOTE: Mind you though, I only mean what I just said above if that RPG statement is true. Wink
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:37 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

Why? Has Bleach suddenly gotten good?
posterior_praiser

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:23 am Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
W-General wrote:

Well, Dragon Quest IV came out for the DS recently.

And a lot of people are saying that the last hiatus was because of Dragon Quest VIII...

I LOLed when I read this Anime hyper! I dotn know anything abotu HxH but I feel for the fans. Maybe it'll come back after he finishes dragon quest Anime hyper!!!
nightmaregenie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:55 am Reply with quote
Sagecat wrote:
Oh god. Again? I wish HxH would end or the rights for it would go to someone who could work on it a bit more than one chapter every never. Confused

Actually, Togashi IS the original creator of HXH, so the "rights" will never go to anyone else.
W-General wrote:

Laughing

Yeah, same here. Us fans all know Togashi's a self-confessed lazy-ass who doesn't hesitate to put on the occasional disappearing act when the chapter due dates happen to get a little inconvenient. When he tries, he delivers. When he dosen't feel like it, there's no way in hell you can pull anything outta him. People who have read his random rants in various tankoubons would know that the rumoured RPG holiday, as far-fetched as it sounds, does possibly has an element of truth to it. The man's a freak, but he's a genius.

It is my personal opinion that his publishers only tolerate this due to the size of his fanbase (contrary to the beliefs of Western fans, Togashi's as big as the author of Slam Dunk or Dragonball in Asia).
Djshinnosuke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote
LightYagami wrote:
I honestly wish that Yoshihiro Togashi would come out and explain the reason for these hiatus's/infrequent release schedules. I hope that he is not ill or anything similar to that.

who knows... maybe her Wife need too much attention fail after fail since Sailor Moon. But anyway, the men need money to support all the wishes of her wife.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2