• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Promo Movie for Xebec, GENCO's Mnemosyne Anime Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Hehehe, I saw two girls kissing in the promo! Cool

Then later I saw that same girl sticking a needle onto that other girl's breast nipple. *shrugs* Mad

Nonetheless, this looks pretty edgy enough for me to take glance.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Well, that looks... interesting. I'll definitely keep my eye out for this.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:58 am Reply with quote
I hated the promo, way too violent, I'm not watching this now. (The animation is gorgeous though and I like the art design.
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:02 am Reply with quote
Rin Asougi (CV: Mamiko Noto)

Mimi (CV: Rie Kugimiya)

Laura (CV: Sayaka Oohara)

Apos (CV: Akira Ishida)

Sayara Yamanobe (CV: Rie Tanaka)

Rin appears to be in her mid twenties, but her actual age is unknown. Mimi appears to be in her late teens, but her actual age is also unknown. Laura looks her age. Apos is a boy. Sayara is evil.

In the sexy, hardboiled science fiction action anime, Mnemosyne -Mynemosyne no Musume-tachi-, Rie Tanaka voices Sayara Yamanobe, head of Aoyama Pharmaceuticals Sayama Laboratory. The haughty, quite sadistic Sayara conducts illegal experiments at the laboratory.

Rie Tanaka is very happy to play Sayara Yamanobe, who she describes as a considerably sadistic character and a "kowai [scary] oneesan."

Perhaps best known for playing cute, sweet, gentle heroines like Chii (Chi) in Chobits, Lacus Clyne in Gundam Seed, Hikari Kujou / Shiny Luminous in Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart and Maria in Hayate no Gotoku! [Hayate the Combat Butler], Sayara Yamanobe appears to be another one in Rie Tanaka's evergrowing line of antagonistic, evil, and villainous roles - Morganna Mode Gone in .hack//SIGN, Suigintou in Rozen Maiden, Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome, Nomura/Takagi in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, Kirie Fujou in Kara no Kyoukai, Helga Neumann in Phantasy Star Portable (PSP multiplayer RPG), Sakuya Haibara in Zero ~Gesshoku no Kamen~ (Zero ~Mask of the Lunar Eclipse~) / Fatal Frame IV (Nintendo Wii horror adventure game), etc. - cementing her position as a first choice among voice actresses to portray crazy, psychopathic, sadistic evil villains.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne on Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Last edited by Siegel Clyne on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:30 am Reply with quote
GRAPHICALLY SEXUALLY OR VIOLENTLY EXPLICIT? Japanese love Greek myths as evident that this series is named from the Titaness memory goddess that was mother by Zeus of the 9 Muses.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:03 am Reply with quote
In this age of Moe, Romance, Dating Sims, etc. Its nice to see that some anime still caters to those of us who like Sci-Fi and Graphic Sex and Violence.

Its been a while since I've seen something like this. I'm looking forward to it.
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:20 am Reply with quote
I remember when I first read about this on AODs forums I went from sold in the first post to eh by the end of the first page (wasn't happy to hear it was a CG production). But after seeing the PV I'm once again sold since it looks very good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1