• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Takashi Murakami Exhibition Heads to Brooklyn Museum

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! I was first introduced to Superflat during Murakami's previous Brooklyn Museum exhibit, in the fall of 2001. I'll make sure to check it out and see if there is anything worth covering!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CitizenGeek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Wow! I would so love to go to see that exhibition.

I was first introduced to Murakami's work from the cover of Kanye West's album.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:41 pm Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:
Awesome! I was first introduced to Superflat during Murakami's previous Brooklyn Museum exhibit, in the fall of 2001. I'll make sure to check it out and see if there is anything worth covering!

I went to his lecture. Had I knew that many ANN users are interested in it, I would have scavenged Razz more coupons for ©Murakami, for most recipients are not capable to visit MOCA before February.

By the way, to whoever can edit the article: please remove "the Namakemono ga Miteta manga and video and" from the article. There are two Takashi Murakami (the other being the manga-ka 村上たかし who created Namakemono ga Miteta) and I just split them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I'll have to check this out sometime. I first saw Murakami's work at Boston's MFA, oddly in its regular Japanese section. You walked through the samurai armor and then in the next room you see a huge statue set up of Mr DOB and colorful mushrooms. They also had a number of smaller Murakami paintings.

A bit later they had a whole gallery exhibit of his work and I saw him speak there. Almost got his autograph on the art book I got, but he had ot leave for the airport. Stupid Boston traffic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1