• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, December 11–17

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryusaki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:30 am Reply with quote
So Jump once again pretty much owns the list.
Glad to see people are still reading Bleach. Razz
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote
ryusaki wrote:
So Jump once again pretty much owns the list.
Glad to see people are still reading Bleach. Razz

I'm sorry, but I have to ask... what the hell does the Bleach comment mean? I realize you have the little emote there, but, personally, it's my favorite out of the three biggest shounen series and it sounds to me like you're casting it aside as an also-ran. ???

PS> Great job, ANN, on the new theme. I love it.
ryusaki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Its just some people in regards to Jump series, Bleach isn't ..
Hm how to put this.

Bleach is lacking in regards to the other current jump series.
posterior_praiser

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
ryusaki wrote:
Hm how to put this.

Agreed. Bleach has been stinking lately IMO both in anime and manga. lost interest quite a while back @.@ But more power to those sticking with it.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:44 am Reply with quote
ryusaki wrote:
Hm how to put this.

Just because this is your opinion, does not make it the opinion of the Japanese Jump readers. And obviously, unless you've been missing the manga rankings, every time a Bleach volume comes out, it's in the top 5, usually the top 2... so, this statement seems more to me like your personal dislike for the title than any real comment on it's popularity.

posterior_praiser wrote:
Agreed. Bleach has been stinking lately IMO both in anime and manga. lost interest quite a while back @.@ But more power to those sticking with it.

And yeah, it was stinking a while back in the anime, thanks to random filler all throughout the actual canon material. But the manga... I can't understand what anyone who's been following the series and has liked it, would dislike about the current events...
As usual, seems I have to boil this down to comments from people who already didn't like Bleach as much as Naruto or One Piece just trying to find more ways to dig on it... I mean come on... Bleach is the only one with a main character who's actually trying to get stronger to protect those around him, rather than to achieve something for their own selfish gain... geez... that right there sets it apart from most other uber popular shounen series. Whatever...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1