• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Special Eh?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grico

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:22 am Reply with quote
Boogie pop and others was quite enjoyable. I just wish Seven Seas would release any of the books past book 3, as they all were good reads.
Lucca_Ashtear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:23 am Reply with quote
Even after 70+ hours of game play I'm still finding much to enjoy in Persona 3 (and I still have a way to go before I'm finished). The manga has piqued my interest but to be honest I have my doubts as to how well the source material could be adapted. Much of the game is spent either in dungeons or strengthening friendships... the actual plot is pretty spread out.
Still, if by any chance it got licensed, I'd like to check it out. If anything, it would be interesting to see what kind of personality the author gives to the game's mute protagonist.
bleuster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:47 am Reply with quote
Grico wrote:
Boogie pop and others was quite enjoyable. I just wish Seven Seas would release any of the books past book 3, as they all were good reads.

Seven Seas has the expected release dates listed at their site.
http://www.gomanga.com/manga/boogiepop.php

It's a bit of a wait, but I enjoyed all the novels so far.
I wonder if they'll do the Boarders early release again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
adam_omega

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I wonder if they'll do the Boarders early release again.

No, any new Boogiepop books will be available everywhere at the same time.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely love SA! I don't really mind that there are background chatter or that the plot doesn't seem to move because it really is one of it's highlights. I mean, I find it really cute spoiler[when Hikari chases after Kei to be number 1, but it's really Kei chasing after Hikari (who is one of the most dense heroines in shoujo manga Laughing ).] I also think it's a nice touch out of all the other shoujo manga where the heroine is madly in love with the male protagonist by the end of the 1st chapter.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:19 am Reply with quote
I loved Boogiepop #1, but I can't find any other light novels to save my life, I want to read the rest of .hack//Another birth and the FMP series but Glasgow is utterly devoid of the whole deal.
sepherest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:54 am Reply with quote
Lucca_Ashtear wrote:
Even after 70+ hours of game play I'm still finding much to enjoy in Persona 3 (and I still have a way to go before I'm finished). The manga has piqued my interest but to be honest I have my doubts as to how well the source material could be adapted. Much of the game is spent either in dungeons or strengthening friendships... the actual plot is pretty spread out.
Still, if by any chance it got licensed, I'd like to check it out. If anything, it would be interesting to see what kind of personality the author gives to the game's mute protagonist.

Well, I've heard that there's a website doing scanlations from the Digital Devil Database. You might want to check those out because I don't really think it'd get licensed. SMT isn't a really big series, but since the KAHN manga and Devil Kids anime were, it could happen.
Angel_Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quote
@Lucca_Ashtear:Oh wow I haven't fought the train boss yet but i think I'm about to hehe and yup I'd like it to come here too. Smile

@Sepherest: Yeah I've heard of that too but I'd like to actually buy it and hope they do license it too. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1