• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Violinist of Hameln Manga to Restart Serialization

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scortia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:50 am Reply with quote
That art looks very different.. hardly a thing like his earlier manga. I'm guessing these are new characters unless he redesigned everyone. The black haired one in the back looks like the love child of Lute and Coronet. Haha.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:59 am Reply with quote
I'm shocked and happy. The art style does look different, but from what I've seen, the later volumes had a very different style from the beginning, closer to what's seen here. It has been six years. Maybe this might be reason for the original to be licensed?
SeinenAi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
I'm shocked and happy. The art style does look different, but from what I've seen, the later volumes had a very different style from the beginning, closer to what's seen here. It has been six years. Maybe this might be reason for the original to be licensed?

Same here! I was happily surprised to read the news about it...and yes, I am sure it looks different because of the elapsed time. For instance Saki Hiwatari (sp?) who did Please Save My Earth recently released a new series about Alice, Rin and their son. Her art doesn't look remotely like it did back then.

Now, a longer period elapsed in that example, but it's very possible for an artist's style to change in 6 years. I think it looks similar enough that it won't be too shocking.
PonSquared

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:58 pm Reply with quote
SeinenAi wrote:
bahamut623 wrote:

Same here! I was happily surprised to read the news about it...and yes, I am sure it looks different because of the elapsed time. For instance Saki Hiwatari (sp?) who did Please Save My Earth recently released a new series about Alice, Rin and their son. Her art doesn't look remotely like it did back then.

Now, a longer period elapsed in that example, but it's very possible for an artist's style to change in 6 years. I think it looks similar enough that it won't be too shocking.

WoW. Double good news! New VoH & PSME coming out!
SeinenAi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Sagecat wrote:

WoW. Double good news! New VoH & PSME coming out!

The first 4 volumes have already been out for a little while.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, and I'm just about finished with the TV series too :3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1