• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNtv - 2008-01-12

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:01 am Reply with quote
LMAO at the end!!! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who pronounces those names wrong. Anime hyper
Hikori

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:20 am Reply with quote
Lol At the Ending Anime hyper I want to see the SOS Brigade(I LUV AYA HIRANO!!!) X3 Dose Ann come every Week? Or Every 2 weeks?

-Hikori
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:48 am Reply with quote
Every week. We took a few weeks off for the holidays. Smile
leftbehindxp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:05 am Reply with quote
That was the best show yet! Definite improvement, good job! Very Happy And the ending was hilarious!

Last edited by leftbehindxp on Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:05 am Reply with quote
Great job this week! Kind of a short show, but those outtakes at the end more than made up for it Anime hyper Don't worry, Ellie, you're not the only person who can't say 'sagashite'.

I'm looking forward to the interview with the SHnY seiyuu next week!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:10 am Reply with quote
I feel bad for the anchors, having to stand up. Somebody get a table in there!

ANNtv is improving. I can't wait to see next week's interview with the SHnY cast next week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
demonroach

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:53 am Reply with quote
They talk too fast. That's why it's so short. Razz

Also, are you going to let your anchors just swear like crazy like that? Yes its bloopers, but you could do a more professional job of bleeping it out.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:48 am Reply with quote
demonroach wrote:
They talk too fast. That's why it's so short. Razz

Now that you mention it; they do talk a bit fast, don't they?

Still, ANNtv is certainly improving. The audio quality still needs some work though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mbueno

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quote
Oh my freaking Lord....XDXDXD

I felt bad laughing about that stuff on the set ('cause yeah, it is a pain in the ass to get something wrong repeatedly), but watching it as an outtake reel with censoring makes it hysterical...esp. since I was skimming through the "South Park" movie moments prior to watching this week's show. Anime smile Glad Ellie's a good sport about that stuff, 'cause that just made my morning! Kudos to her. Anime smile

-Mario
billyarnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:03 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Still, ANNtv is certainly improving. The audio quality still needs some work though.

I thought the audio sounded fine. Either I'm not discriminating enough, or your computer may have audio problems. They may talk a little fast, but they shouldn't slow down just to stretch out the podcast. As Justin posted, it was a slow news week for U.S. otaku.
About the podcast: If the same thing we see weekly is going to be on iTunes, then it's just a way to make it mobile. Maybe special podcasts that are only available on iTunes with different content can be done for special occasions. It'd be a moneymaker, IMHO, but I'm glad your regular content will be also available free on ANN.com.
The podcast gets better & better. A desk might help them relax or it might not. Ellie & Mario (especially Ellie) seem more & more comfortable doing this.
1 error on graphics, IMO. I like the graphic behind the anchor indicating the type of story (Anime, Manga). However, on Mario's report of the Bandai DVD problems, shouldn't it have been DVD? The graphics tie with the opening, so I like that. Please be sure the graphic relates to the story; I don't want to see "Anime" always behind Ellie & "Manga" always behind Mario.
Finally, Ellie's blooper reel was LOL! Laughing Poor thing! I thought the bleeps were well-placed, except maybe one. You can't always get it right & sometimes we'll hear "f***" or "***t". Not the actual word, but the first or last part of the word. Still, good podcast & Great Bloopers!
Edited to add: Sorry, but I forgot to comment on your use of video clips & pictures. Very Good & I like the labeling of the video, so n00bs know what they're watching. They can't stay n00bs forever, can they? Speaking of n00bs, I missed your ANN.com ads. If the podcasts are now available on iTunes, you probably don't want to include ads... people get P.O'ed easily enough.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
mbueno

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quote
billyarnie wrote:
A desk might help them relax or it might not.

Thanks for the reminder, as I've been meaning to mention this for a while! Anime smile I'm actually GRATEFUL we get to stand, 'cause when we did the auditions we were behind a desk and quite frankly, it felt VERY awkward given the subject matter. To have done that regularly, I know I'dve gone from being already way too reserved (given my personality) to, as a friend of mine once put it, "a plank with lips". Anime hyper

Glad you're enjoying the podcast, and thanks for the comments! Anime smile

-Mario
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:47 am Reply with quote
Out takes are kind of cute I guess. ANNtv seems kind of okay. I guess all I have to say is "Don't be like G4TV". Substance needs to come first, and things like that little outtakes bit need to be kept to an extreme minimum. If you lack enough content per video, I'm sure you guys can come up with better things in the grand scheme of things. You all (ANNtv folks) seem like bright people. A review, preview, release date rundown. I'm not sure at what point you start talking about licensing and permission from third parties. Basically if it's a segment of the site, it could potentially be a good segment for ANNtv, so long as it isn't "G4-ish"/obnoxious.

(Maybe save all your outtakes for the Christmas special?)
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote
billyarnie wrote:
Jedi General wrote:

I thought the audio sounded fine. Either I'm not discriminating enough, or your computer may have audio problems.

I do have a hard time understanding out what they are saying sometimes, so perhaps you're right about it being my computer. As for speaking slower, of course they shouldn't do that for the sole purpose of lengthening the podcast. More content is needed for that, of course. I just feel that they need to speak slower and more clearly. Other than that, it's a very good podcast that is steadily improving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quote
demonroach wrote:

Also, are you going to let your anchors just swear like crazy like that? Yes its bloopers, but you could do a more professional job of bleeping it out.

It is bleeped out.
everybody_loves_hypnotoad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quote
They both sound fine to me, well, maybe its just me. I liked the new backgrounds too. Informative and fun to watch, looking forward to the cast interview next week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3