• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNtv - 2008-01-19

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
championferret

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quote
This is a good episode. Pronunciation Nazi is pleased.
Although, I couldnt actually get it to play the whole thing. It froze about halfway through the seiyuu interview and wouldnt go further. Did this happen to anyone else? 8/
I like how you show clips from the anime when talking about it, but I think it might be better if you show 'clips' from manga, too. Like, when you're talking about manga being turned into anime, maybe frames from that manga? Just an idea. It looks a bit odd having clips from the anime version of something when the news pertains to the manga.
Asako

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:46 am Reply with quote
That was a great interview Smile I love the questions that were asked and the replies. Thanks a bunch ANNtv crew! yayyy.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote
That was a fun and interesting new episode. A question: are there plans to eventually charge a small amount to see these or will they remain free for the foreseen future? I know everyone loves free stuff, but at the same time a small fee could dramatically increase what can be done with the ANNtv spots. Just curious if ya'll are looking into ways to up the production budget. (Not to say it looks bad but those poor hosts need chairs and a desk!)

The multiple introductions done by the Japanese VAs was almost certainly a reflex from recording interviews that are audio-only. You'd have to reintroduce yourself over and over so people wouldn't be confused.

Some very interesting opinions in that interview. I especially found Yuko Goto's take on dubbing interesting. (See all you language purists out there, without foreign language dubbing, she might not have gotten into the business at all!) It was also nice to see that there is some respect from the Japanese VAs for the English VAs. Being the originals, I think that means a great deal.
billyarnie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quote
TheFly wrote:
I noticed Ellie and Mario talked more slowly this week, which was welcome. Ellie still needs to work on her enunciation a little, but they've both made a huge improvement from the first week and it's pretty much there now.

They're both doing better; props to both of you. This Texas geezer otaku is learning pronunciation, too. Evan-GEL-ion, not E-Van-je-LION? Who Knew?! Rolling Eyes However, is Pat-LA-bor correct? I thought it was PAT-la-bor. Whatever! Ellie looks a little tanned (lighting?) & she's holding her hands together... Again. Sometimes...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:22 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
That was a fun and interesting new episode. A question: are there plans to eventually charge a small amount to see these or will they remain free for the foreseen future? I know everyone loves free stuff, but at the same time a small fee could dramatically increase what can be done with the ANNtv spots. Just curious if ya'll are looking into ways to up the production budget. (Not to say it looks bad but those poor hosts need chairs and a desk!)

There are no plans to charge for ANNtv.

You seem really hung up on needing the hosts to be sitting down. As Mario has commented on other threads, we initially tried that format, and it didn't quite work. As you may notice, most entertainment news shows feature standing hosts.

And if standing for 10 minutes at a stretch equals torture... well, you've clearly never worked retail or food service. Razz
Namia_the_Theif_18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quote
it was good, i enjoyed the interview. i'm glad that they (the seiyuus) were pleased with the fandom of us Americans. bcuz i'm sure some of them over there think we're a bunch of flukes. *LOL* i was anticipating Aya Hirano to mention that she got into anime bcuz of Sailor Moon. (that's the main starter no matter what country you're in)
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:56 am Reply with quote
The interview is indeed very well done. It looks looks fantastic and was better put together than some DVD extras out there. I would love to see more interviews from other people in the industry. I love the interviews from director/voice actors Wendee Lee and Crispin Freeman that I've seen on DVDs and would love to see them on ANNtv. Even interviews from people like Zak and Chris Beveridge at TRSI's podcast are fun. Maybe ANNtv can return the favor and interview the TRSI guys, especially since Shaun seems friendly to various forums.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2