• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Yotsuba&! GN 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleuster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:34 am Reply with quote
So much can be said about Azuma's Yotsuba, but I think this review nicely summarizes the highlights. It kind of gives a familiar feel every time they go out and explore the town/city.

And there wasn't an apparent and open fanservice in Azumanga? A few chapter designs with the characters were pretty "detailed", especially a few of Sakaki (not that she can help it). Not as much as in the anime, probably ...it's been a while.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:41 am Reply with quote
I'm so happy that ADV started releasing this series again. It really is something special.[/i]
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Some of these seinen/shonen magazines really puzzle me with what they choose to publish - and what sells - it just seems it would be hard to sell things like Manabi Straight and Yotsuba&! to that demographic in the west...

Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just curious. Ahh well, that's a riddle for another day...

Glad to see another Yotsuba& GN! Thanks for the review!
galenow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Great Review, I picked this this up in Japan back in 06- It worth the pictures even though I didn't understand a bally thing that was written. Roll on #6!
coolGAL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:10 am Reply with quote
To start off I thought the review was good I love this series its a shame it does not get all the attention it deserves its such a great series in and of it self and its funny too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
vandwedge

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Hey reviewer, thanks for spoiling the ending!

It's like I say: just because someone's reading a review of a book, it doesn't mean they haven't already finished the book.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1