• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nozomi's 1st Emma Set Adds Limited Booklet from Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aluria

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:24 pm Reply with quote
A 96 page booklet?! Sweet! I loved the booklet they made for the Super Gals Season 2 boxset, it was very informative and well written. This makes be more excited about Emma. Helps make up for Star Trek getting delayed to May.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kyokun703

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I went and preordered this a week ago based on Chris Beveridge's review of the first episode. I've been intrigued by this series ever since I first heard about it, since I'm a big Victorian nut. This booklet is a sweet addition to an extremely promising looking series.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Oh cool going to preorder mine tonight. I really liked this series. I think it's cool that they're doing this whole promotion thing.

And I think getting that booklet would be an awesome bonus.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Nice. I'd better get in my preorder before the deadline then. I adore the manga, so the anime should be no exception.

EDIT: Just ordered both sets. Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I pre-ordered the first set back during AX, when they said the first 1000 people to pre-order would get their names on there. I hope they haven't forgotten about me.
Serge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
I went and preordered this a week ago based on Chris Beveridge's review of the first episode. I've been intrigued by this series ever since I first heard about it, since I'm a big Victorian nut. This booklet is a sweet addition to an extremely promising looking series.

I ain't a Victorian or British nut really, and I'm kinda curious about buying this show, is it worth it? Checking out animenfo's ratings and it seems slow, another thing I'm not really into...
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Serge wrote:
I ain't a Victorian or British nut really, and I'm kinda curious about buying this show, is it worth it? Checking out animenfo's ratings and it seems slow, another thing I'm not really into...

Well, if the manga is any indication; it does move rather slow, and it does get kind of cheesy level on occasion (but with such endearing characters pretty much all is forgiven). There is also some conflict involving the class system of Victorian England, which adds a nice element to the series. Plenty of things do happen as a result of that (amongst other things). Given what you've said, though, I'd give it rent first.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HayateTokidoki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:11 am Reply with quote
I watched the first season a while back as it was being aired in Japan. It was definitely on the slow side, but it was really unique, interesting, and had great characters. If you aren't into the setting and don't like slower series, it might not be the right series for you. If you don't mind a slower pace though, it's a great show and well worth picking up. I'm really happy to see it being released here at all, much less with all the extras and the bonus of having the fans' names in the credits.
bci110

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:20 am Reply with quote
I pre-ordered Emma from TRSI long before the announcement of the booklet extra. I'm going to wait until they announce an actual street date before I pre-order the second season.
bci110

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:25 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
I pre-ordered the first set back during AX, when they said the first 1000 people to pre-order would get their names on there. I hope they haven't forgotten about me.

Alison Robets of TRSI mentioned on the AoD forum that those that placed a pre-order for the first season of Emma before the February 18 deadline should receive an e-mail with instructions on customizing your name on the DVD credits. They'll be sending the e-mails after February 18.
EmOtakuVu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quote
This really is a great series, but definitly isn't made for everyone's tastes. It develops slowly, but in a good way, giving the characters and their relationships time to evolve. The plot can be a little "cheesy" at times, but only rarely, and in a charming not contrived way. The animation, music, and voice acting are pretty top notch and after reading the manga, which is great too, I found the anime satsfying as well. If you enjoy reality based stories that move a bit slowly and focus on romance and character development, this is a good series to try.
CuteyHoney

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quote
I can't wait!
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:54 am Reply with quote
HayateTokidoki wrote:
I'm really happy to see it being released here at all, much less with all the extras and the bonus of having the fans' names in the credits.

I waited until the day before the deadline for the credits and still made the 1000 cut. It looks like most/all of the fans who ordered it by Monday will have their names in the credits.

I've missed this opportunity for TRSI's past releases since they were for box sets of series I had never watched. Although Emma is not an exception I will make this blind purchase since it seems to be getting high praise.

I was just watching my Tylor DVD credits and I recognized a few familiar names from here.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I have gotten the email recently, so I'm glad I wasn't dropped or anything. I just have to figure out now what I want to show on my name for the credits Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1