• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Nana, Funky Forest to Run in L.A., N.Y.C.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Is Viz going to release it on DVD? I hope so since I couldn't understand it when it was on TV. Even though the acting was terrible, I'd still buy it.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I hope they do the whole live action series and not just the movies for Nana and release them on DVD. That would be awesome!
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:46 am Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
I hope they do the whole live action series and not just the movies for Nana and release them on DVD. That would be awesome!

Um, what are you talking about? The two movies are the only live action versions to be made of NANA. Or are you talking about Japan doing the whole series? I don't think that's really necessary, since they have a wonderful anime out there that is a better adaptation than either of the movies and is also complete (or as complete as it will be until the manga ends and they make another season).

And yes, Viz is still releasing the DVDs. The first one is out in April, IIRC (it's listed on their website).
mokitty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:20 am Reply with quote
"The movie's New York screenings will coincide with the April 8 DVD release." <---right from the article

I'm a little sad to see that their promised "limited theatrical release" is limited to only two theaters, though. I was really hoping for a local arthouse screening; most of my Japanese class was planning to attend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1