• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 11th Pokémon Feature Movie's Full Trailer Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* Pokemon movies no longer excite me. The dub will be bad, and I won't have the option to watch it in Japanese
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hamtaroboy2006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Says the person who hasn't even seen the dub yet. Idiot.
As a matter of fact, the freaking film hasn't even aired in Japan yet.
Why don't you get a Region 2 DVD player and buy the import when it comes out?
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:09 pm Reply with quote
hamtaroboy2006 wrote:
Says the person who hasn't even seen the dub yet. Idiot.
As a matter of fact, the freaking film hasn't even aired in Japan yet.
Why don't you get a Region 2 DVD player and buy the import when it comes out?

I can speak on the dub because obviously the same crew whos done the more recent movies will do it. pokemon usa has the rights to pokemon in the states, and they have their own dub crew.

I dislike the show now due to the new voices. But I guess you didn't know that. Thanks for playing! Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aikoh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Even as a fan I find it hard to feel any hype with a new Pokémon movie coming out every year, but then again, the movies stopped being excited for me after the third film.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:43 pm Reply with quote
The only thing that excites me is that Crystal Kay is performing the ED.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I remember watching the first film in a cinema. I got a free promotional trading card, which chuffed me to bits. I loved Pokemon back then.

I probably still would do if I hadn't since discovered hentai.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hamtaroboy2006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Actually I do know that PUSA has been dubbing the recent movies and I personally feel they do a great job at portraying the characters in the movies. You said that the dub will be bad and maybe that's just your personal opinion about the voices. Whatever, I don't feel like arguing about it. In any case, it's cool to know that Crystal Kay is doing a song for this movie. I liked Motherland from FMA.
Killtheshrew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quote
How can you see a dub?

Only joking, glad I read this now as I've made myself chuckle... if no one else Crying or Very sad
bci110

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I dislike the show now due to the new voices. But I guess you didn't know that. Thanks for playing! Rolling Eyes

Really? I actually think the new voices are pretty decent. Sure, they don't carry the same passion that Veronica Taylor, Rachel Lillis, and the others had in portraying the charcters, but I think that after a few stumbles here and there during the final story arcs of the Advanced Battle season, the new VAs adjusted nicely to the roles IMO, especially in the far superior Diamond & Pearl season.

And on a personal level, I think Hikari/Dawn's English voice is rather cute; perfectly fits the character. Laughing
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

Really? I actually think the new voices are pretty decent. Sure, they don't carry the same passion that Veronica Taylor, Rachel Lillis, and the others had in portraying the charcters, but I think that after a few stumbles here and there during the final story arcs of the Advanced Battle season, the new VAs adjusted nicely to the roles IMO, especially in the far superior Diamond & Pearl season.

And on a personal level, I think Hikari/Dawn's English voice is rather cute; perfectly fits the character. Laughing

I really, really dislike them. it may be my growing up with the other voices. I've seen a few of the newer episodes from D&P, and they make me phsyically cringe. I had shided away from Pokemon when may joined, but I still watched and episode or too. Saw the moives.

Now i can't stand it. Its really sad, that was one of my favorite shows. Crying or Very sad
rocklobster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:52 pm Reply with quote
The first anime to be sent to the 4Kids wolves. And not much has changed. 4Kids still can't do anime right. And when is the Pokemon stuff going to stop?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quote
Hmm, some reaction here makes me glad I got off it. Say, when I "grew" up, got involved with high school activities and also developed other priorities. You may not like it, but I don't think much is going to change since the target audience if you have forgotten is little kids. They keep the net sales coming in and I don't think I've seen any real danger to the franchise yet, have you? You can complain all you want but there's nothing that's going to change those behind the production of Pokemon minds.
bci110

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
And when is the Pokemon stuff going to stop?

My guess is when/if they produce a movie involving Arceus, which is considered to be the "god" of Pokemon, that's probably when the series will finally come to an end. But as long as the franchise continues to be popular in Japan and on this side of the Pacific and make oodles of cash for Nintendo, then we won't see the end of the series for a very long time.

britannicamoore wrote:
I really, really dislike them. it may be my growing up with the other voices. I've seen a few of the newer episodes from D&P, and they make me phsyically cringe. I had shided away from Pokemon when may joined, but I still watched and episode or too.

Fair enough. I'm not trying to force you to like it, but I think the D&P episodes are pretty good. They're not as childish as the earlier episodes (and no Misty is a big plus in my book - I can't stand her Twisted Evil ).
Katsu Koneko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quote
:3 The short portion of the song sounds awesome~ Can't wait to watch it when it comes out..

And bah I'm used to the English version, but I still think the Japanese version PWNS the English version.

Diamond and Pearl is like one of the best seasons. Very Happy
Mika20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes
When will it end? I've probably seen all 10 movies and still think the 2nd movie was the best one.

...If Misty is on this one, I'll watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2