• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire Knight Anime's Promo Video Posted Online

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Oooh, I can't wait. I hope it gets a US license soon! (crosses fingers) Wonder who they'll cast in the dub?
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Protip, Japan: Goth clothes and emo music go together as well as oil and water. Rolling Eyes The more you know... Wink
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:22 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
Wonder who they'll cast in the dub?

You got a few years ahead of yourself there. Wink
Anyway, it look alright. Their bodies look...too short. Its weird, but in the manga their bodies seem longer.

I'm sure i'll get over it in due time
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Viz owns the rights to the manga so I'm certain they'll get the rights to anime as well. Plus, it's pretty popular so I don't think I'll have to wait years. I know a lot of folks here don't care about dubs and some don't believe in waiting for the dvd. But I do, and I'm going to be happy about this no matter what you say. So quit trying to rain on my parade.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Haven't read the manga myself (so I can't really comment on the designs) but I have been considering picking it up for quite some time now. I'll definitely be checking out the anime version. I'll certainly be buying the manga if I like the anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm enjoying the manga for this series, so I'm looking forward to seeing the anime. Hopefully, there won't be too long a wait....but, I'm not going to hold my breath either.
luhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
Viz owns the rights to the manga so I'm certain they'll get the rights to anime as well. Plus, it's pretty popular so I don't think I'll have to wait years.

Viz owns the rights to the Ouran manga, but Funimation licensed the anime. And...Ouran was wildly popular, but there is still no sign of Funi releasing it any time soon, so don't get your hopes up too much for VK, k?

The character designs look all right to me, despite what a lot of people are saying. You can't expect them to be the same as the manga.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:26 am Reply with quote
luhead wrote:
rinmackie wrote:
Viz owns the rights to the manga so I'm certain they'll get the rights to anime as well. Plus, it's pretty popular so I don't think I'll have to wait years.

Viz owns the rights to the Ouran manga, but Funimation licensed the anime. And...Ouran was wildly popular, but there is still no sign of Funi releasing it any time soon, so don't get your hopes up too much for VK, k?

The character designs look all right to me, despite what a lot of people are saying. You can't expect them to be the same as the manga.

I was just about to post the same thing (Re: Ouran). I'd rather Viz not license. I like my DVD releases to have a song and sign subtitle track, not just one track in total.

I'm exited for this series, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Studio DEEN isn't exactly renowned for their quality animation, nor their adapting skills. See the first season of Higurashi for a good example of this. Some arcs were animated brilliantly (Onikakushi-hen, the first arc), and others stripped down monologues and character development scenes, some of which were absolutely vital to the plot and motivations of the characters.

The anime screenshots give me some cause to worry, but I'll watch it through anyways. I adore the manga and would love for the anime to be a good, faithful adaptation.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:30 am Reply with quote
I was disappointed that there was no actual animation in the trailer because I would like to see what sort of budget DEEN are giving this series. DEEN like J.C Staff generally churn out average to good animation with the odd great title every now and than (Simoun for DEEN, Shigofumi for J.C Staff). DEEN can work wonders when given time and money as shown in the RK and ROD OVAs but aside from Simoun and ROD TV (which was a joint project with J.C Staff) they really haven't done anything I would rank as great in the tv series format.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:31 am Reply with quote
Looks like more or less the same images that were in the recent Shojo Beat magazine. I'm surprised that it's premiering so fast, I thought we were going to have to wait longer for it to start in Japanese.

I also wonder how much it's going to cover, since the manga is still on-going. I hope they don't try to make an anime ending, because I have never been a fan of those. I'd much rather have two seasons with a gap in between.

I'm also really hoping it's a bit easier to tell which character is which with the anime designs, since the vampire class does tend to blend together in my head.

Also, as to Viz, I was going to bring Ouran up as well. But, while we can't be sure Viz will get it in the end, I think we can be decently sure that Viz will be interested in the title. And there is a good chance they will be the eventually licenser, since they do like to have both the manga and the anime for their titles (IIRC we know there was competition for the Ouran license, which I expect Viz was a part of but just wasn't able to win out in the end).
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:02 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Protip, Japan: Goth clothes and emo music go together as well as oil and water. Rolling Eyes The more you know...Wink

That said...I'm looking forward to this anime. Gotta see what all the hype is about, y'know. Wink
zaeris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
I was disappointed that there was no actual animation in the trailer because I would like to see what sort of budget DEEN are giving this series. DEEN like J.C Staff generally churn out average to good animation with the odd great title every now and than (Simoun for DEEN, Shigofumi for J.C Staff). DEEN can work wonders when given time and money as shown in the RK and ROD OVAs but aside from Simoun and ROD TV (which was a joint project with J.C Staff) they really haven't done anything I would rank as great in the tv series format.

They also did Fate/Stay Night and Higurashi, While Fate/Stay Night is questionable in animation it had a decent budget with good character design. Higurashi on the other hand wasn't anything spectacular in the animation department but manages to capture essence of the Sound Novel.
Monsieur Pink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote
Can't tell much by watching the promo, but I seen to remember the manga was featured on the Right Turn Only!! column in the Worst Manga I've Ever Read section. I think I'll stay clear of this one if I don't hear some really good thing about it when the fansubs are out.
Empathy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Kyahhhh! I can't wait! Exclamation
The designs aren't bad, the music wasn't either.
Yet, I liked the side characters like Rima, Takuma, Shiki, and Seiren, the best! They're going to look so awesome in colour!!!
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Finally there is some kind of trailer up, you would think that since this is premeiring in just over 2 weeks that there would be some trailer up by now. That said I think I need to re-read VK, I always forget what happens when I waiting for a new chapter to come out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2